Saturday, September 30, 2006

voodoobaby

I really should be writing something with more substance (because honestly, there is plenty of blog fodder over here), but it seems like that would be a bit taxing right now. And I just can't do it.

So instead of giving y'all the silent treatment, let me entertain you instead with an introduction to someone.

I was on my way to grab a quick nosh of Vietnamese Spring Rolls yesterday, when I walked by a shop window and spotted my new friend hanging out with all of his buddies.






His name is Cap.Hook and he's a VooDooBaby. I chose him (in particular) to come with me, because, well...we share a common feature. And it's not that his head is primarilly filled with yarn. Although there is that, too.

It was very difficult not to bring home several of his playmates to keep him company. Especially Heighwei Rob and Melenco. And SuperBoy, well, he definitely needs to be introduced to TheMIG because they have so much in common.

Cap.Hook's tag reads:



El Capitan must be workin' the mojo, because he'd not even been with me a full 24 hours when I'd received a phone call announcing that I'd won a prize in a raffle. It's only a booty of $10 worth of free produce from my local Farmer's Market, but hey...

it's not a bad start ;-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those guys! I've almost purchased them on a couple of occasions but my attempts to declutter my life have stopped me. Glad to see he's bringing you luck! Haven't forgotten about your wristwarmers, I promise!

InkyW said...

i LOVE that - those are very cool indeed!!

inky (wearing her "pirates are the new vampires" t-shirt)

plus, he's anatomically amputeehee correct, how cool is that. perhaps you might start wearing a knitted eypatch, lol.

Anonymous said...

Yarrrgghhh, matey! Looks like you scored!

Hannah said...

They are terrific! I've not see them yet. Glad he is bringing you produce treasure!

Carol said...

And just in time for Official Talk Like a Pirate Day, which I believe was this week.

Hugs. Try to recuperate if you can this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Head primarily filled with yarn - heh..

They're great!

Scoutj said...

I SO need a few of these! I love them!

Mouse said...

Wow.. How cool! Too bad they can't be ordered online..
Head full of yarn.. hee hee hee.

Lorena said...

Hee! Oh, he brings the wonderful. "head full of yarn"... har har har!

Kerry said...

I love Cap. Hook!!! This is the first time I've seen these guys. I've got to get one. Or ten. LOL Congrats on your win!