Sunday, June 01, 2008

my weekend in bullets

* Picked cherries from the garden with MyFavoriteKid before he went off to spend Saturday night with my folks.


* Tagged along with TheMostImportantGuy on Saturday while he set up his PA system (he rents it out as a side gig) at a wedding. It was for an Indian couple. The place was gorgeous, and I couldn't help but snap a few photos while things were being set up.




* While the wedding was happening we had 11 hours to kill before returning to pick the PA stuff back up. We went to see the movie Young At Heart, which I previously mentioned in this post. During the movie I cried a whole bunch. I wasn't alone. I heard lots of sniffles. After the movie, TheMIG and I did one of our favorite things, which is to go sniff out the divey-est of dive bars, have a cocktail, and take photos (TheMIG likes to review the dive bars on Yelp).


* Had dinner at an interesting fancy-ish restaurant near the bar and movie theater. TheMIG and I shared an appetizer of Fried Macaroni & Cheese. Who woulda knew (yeah, I know...not quite on the diet plan...but just had to see how the heck they'd pull that off). Then TheMIG was delivered a big ice cream sundae with a candle ;-) Such a drag I didn't have my camera for any of this.

* Today, Sunday, MyFK and I drove down to Full Thread Ahead and took a class to learn how to make a dragon by using needle felting. I still have a long way to go before mine is done, but check out the cute dragon toes.


Right now his head looks more like a duck than a dragon, but with any luck (or skill with a felting needle, it's a passing phase. Hopefully I can show you a finished product eventually. I just need to be in the mood for fiddlin' with it, and right now I'm very much into the knitting (yay!).

Hope y'all had a good weekend, too.
I'm beat. G'night.

4 comments:

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Those are indeed very cute dragon toes. Can't wait to see the finished dragon. Is needle felting as complicated as it seems to me??
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!

Carrie said...

Oh. my. gosh. I want to learn to needle felt a dragon! Argh! That is so cool.

Glad your weekend was so fun!

Anonymous said...

Those cherries look scrumptious!!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

barbara ~ It's actually super easy, and very forgiving. But it IS time consuming.

carrie ~ yeah, it was fun! I think I have seen books out about how to make dolls using needle felting.

guru ~ they were!