Friday, August 15, 2008

if there is one thing i have learned this week...

....it's that parenting is parenting is parenting.

Except that parenting one child is an entirely different beast than parenting two children.
And except that boy children are entirely different beasts than girl children.

It's the same. But different. (yes, I know that makes me sound like an idiot)


Comparatively speaking, I think I have it pretty danged easy.
Please remind me the next time I forget ;-)



TheMostImportantGuy is sitting next to me and just read this and says I need to elaborate. Something about dangling a carrot. But I'm too tired to write more because the combination of boy children and multiple girl children has kicked my butt this week. So you get a carrot. And for those of you with many many children, even more than two, I'll pitch you some kudos. I don't know how y'all do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

With large amounts of knitting used as a sedative :-)

Mine are now both grown up (allegedly)but I'm still needed in a crisis ;-)

Kathleen said...

specifics don't really matter, for those of us that have eaten the carrot! :)

I have two boys, almost grown. Occasionally my cousin, a girl, just a year older than my oldest, was thrown in the mix. All bets were off. And I was thankful this was not an everyday occurrence and am in awe of my sister with three children ( 2 boys, 1 girl ) - truly, I could not do it full-time.

Carol said...

When my twins were babies, people often said "I don't know how you do it." I said, "It's easy. We don't have a choice."

For every fifteen times you have to separate them or reiterate the "no hitting" (no touching, no making faces, no breathing skanky breath on the other one, no poking, no ticking, no mocking....) rule, you see one time where one kid helps his sibling, or they cuddle up on the couch together and watch tv without fighting, or one comforts the other when the one is crying, and you forget about the other fifteen times. Until half a second later, when it happens again.

PICAdrienne said...

I am a solo mom to two young ladies (16 and 13) and one young gentleman (11). I have often said, life is much easier when you no longer remember having your sanity.

I have really good kids and I am blessed, because for the most part, they are fun to be around.

Carrie said...

I myself frequently think that I bit off more than I could chew with having three children...

Oh, and if you want to see something weird with carrots, check out my blog today. My garden is producing some very interesting results!

~Donna~ said...

It's the same but different. I understand completely. :)