Friday, February 25, 2011

I was so proud of myself last night! I did my blogpost before going to dance class!! And then this afternoon I logged into Blogger to do today's post, and I noticed that yesterday I had hit "save now" button instead of pressing "publish post". Sheesh. I was wondering why none of you were commenting on my kitteh! LOL

Wellp, today is another Free thang on a Friday....woot!!
First, let's take care of previous weeks:

** Last week's freebie was a Vessel reusable drink glass, which since there were only 5 of you vying for it, I asked MyFavoriteKid to pick a number between 1 and 5. He said, "Seventeen." I said, "Yah. Seventeen is a number between one and five." "Oh. I thought you said one and twenty-five. Ok. Three." That makes last week's winner TheYarnStashIsAttacking. Shoot me an email, and I will shoot you a cup!!

**The week before last , the freebie was a bump of fiber, won by KarenWhoIsOnTheFenceAboutSpinning, but who AgreedToLearnByStPatick'sDay. Karen, if you have emailed me your address, I missed it (would not be the first time, though). Please shoot me a note!


This week!
Okay. I've been giving away stuff that I use myself, and love. This week, I am giving away something I ordered for myself that didn't work out, and sadly for me (although good for you, though!), it ended up in the gift pile.



It's a very cute t-shirt of a kitty with a ball of yarn from one of my favorite etsy shops, BoyGirlParty. It's brand spankin' new, and it doesn't fit me. It is an American Apparel Tri-Blend Short Sleeved Women's Track Shirt in "Tri-Cranberry", and it's an XL (for like and XL wee little person who lives on a very small planet or something, it would seem). The manufacturer of the shirts have a size chart, and it says their XL is a size for a woman who is a 12-14 with a 40-42" chest and a 33-35" waist. I say phooey. What I can tell you is that from armpit to armpit, this shirt is 17" wide (so 34" around), and that's a whooooole lot of negative ease on a person who is 42" incross, man LOLOL. I didn't want to return it to the etsy artist who did the printing because they did send me the size that I ordered, and they did post the measurements that the shirt manufacture was giving out, so it wasn't like they were misrepresenting.

My camera may be misrepresenting, though. This shirt is more on the burgundy side of things, the kitty is pale yellow, and the ball of yarn is a sort of leafy green.


So. If this shirt fits you or someone you know, you can have it. Or if you want to cut it up and make throw pillow or applique the image onto a totebag or something crafty, more power to ya'. All you need to do is leave a comment say you want to enter, and your name goes into the proverbial "hat". You can also leave a comment if you don't want to be entered, just tell me so. I'll draw next Thursday at noon, and post the winner next Friday when I put up another goodie.
Good luck!!

9 comments:

thestashattacked said...

Yay! I just sent you an email with my address and everything! I love your blog! ;)

Mouse said...

OMG Kitten shirt! Its SO CUTE! and yes.. I want to throw my name in the hat for this one! its tooooo cuuuuute!

not supergirl said...

I'd love to be in the hat for this one. My daughter has a birthday coming up. She'll be 10, so yeah, this would be too big for her, but she would LOVE it and wear it until it fits... and then probably beyond if she ends up with a rack like her mama's. Which she will, poor kid. Anyway, toss my name in the hat, please and thank you.
and also, love the boyfriend kitty pic. :)

carleigh said...

Oh cute! I love the kitty yarn shirt. I'm in!

Heyillini said...

While the shirt would not fit me either, there is a kitten lovin' and yarn lovin' friend of mine who would love this. I think this is a great thing for you to be doing each week. Love the new house!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

Oh. Emme. Ghee. That shirt is the cat's meow - pardon the pun. I must have it. Please. Please. Pretty please.

As you can see, I am prepared to beg.

~Donna~ said...

What a CUTE t-shirt. It won't fit me, but it'll be used and loved. I'm in for this one. :)

Special McSpecial said...

SQUEEEEEE, I approve of your taste of kittens and yarn. Count me in for the contest. :)

Cate said...

that is super cute. but AA sizing is ridiculous.