Tuesday, November 06, 2007

i am totally cheating

I feel like a NaBloPoseur.

I feel like the dork at the early-90's goth club wearing the red dress with sunflowers on it (yes, I actually did that, and I have photos to prove it--if I ever get a scanner, you are so in for a laugh).

I wrote a lengthy post this morning, but didn't have time to finish it before I had to leave to volunteer at the convalescent hospital. So I saved the post, with the plan being to edit it and submit it this afternoon.

The post was intended to explain my absence from the blog for the past several weeks. There was an actual event that triggered the Blogger'sBlock. What the post ended up being though, was pretty much a rant. One that would probably set off a chain reaction of nothing but PoopyDooDoo. And while I was driving to and from the hospital (listening to those danged buddhist lectures in the car again), I realized that I sound like a frickin' whiner, and that man, do I really have a way of getting sucked in when people create drama.

I don't think I'm going to be any less whiny or dramatic before midnight...and besides, blogger says they are scheduling an outage at 11pm, so I figure I am going to have to fake it today.

SOoooo!!! How about a shot of what I'm knitting right now?



I'm such a poseur that this is not even a recent photo. It IS what I am knitting right now, but that shot is from the early stages. At this point, the body and sleeves are finished, and I'm actually onto the collar. So just sorta scrunch your eyes a little and imagine a bigger blob with solid black around the edges.

Knitters are such a compassionate bunch, I'm sure y'all will tell me it counts. The rest of you...I'd appreciate it if you just did the same, k???

4 comments:

Mouse said...

Totally counts! I'm probably dropping out of NaBloPoMo soon.. its too much work this time around.

Janice in GA said...

Of course it counts. As far as I know, the rules simply say 1 blog post/day. It doesn't specify content.

That's what *I'm* counting on, anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, of course it counts! I don't know about you, but I did not sign up to be brilliant every day, or even ever. Besides, I like looking at what you're knitting. It's almost as good as looking at other people's pets. :)

"NaBloPoseur" -- girl, you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

It definitely counts. Plus I need my daily fix. I'll take whatever I can get.

Love,
Karen the Dancing Lurker