Wednesday, July 21, 2010

....one thousand !

1000 posts! I can hardly believe it.

Thanks to all (four or five?) of you that still come here for a visit. I know that blogging is soooo "yesterday" and that I am a dinosaur, but I will never be succinct enough to tweet (I'd use up all my characters just on parentheses and elipses alone...hahaha), and Facebook just makes me want to punch myself.
So here I am.
Still blogging.
And I have a little contest for you!


First, let me say, there will be two contests this year. The 5th Blogiversary will be in September, and that contest will be a fun one. There will be a twist to entering, and there will be several neat-o prizes that I am having a total blast assembling already. Keep an eye out for that one.

Let me also say that I have not celebrated any sort of milestone of the blog here since the 1st Blogiversary, and that is because it was a BigFatFAIL on my part.

I started this blog originally as a place for me to track the hilarious things that happen when you are amputee. The blog quickly became the mish-mash of things that make up my life, and the readers of this blog also became a bit of a mish-mash, coming to read for all sorts of reasons. When I did the contest, I said the winner would get a prize that was tailored to them. If they were coming for the gimp, I'd send them one of my AmpuTeeHee T-shirts. If they were coming for the knitting (and most at that point were), I'd send some yarn. Well, it turned out that the winner was the wonderful (and very patient) WheelchairDancer, and she wanted armwarmers like mine...only black, and lacy. Here we are, almost 4 years later, and she still has cold arms (and me, in my shame have not announced a blogiversary since).

~~WheelchairDancer: If it's any consolation, it took me 6+ years to knit one grandma a cozy for her lysol can, and 34 years to knit the other grandma new egg cozies. And my mom is still waiting for a hat to her specifications.
You still have hope.
And my guilt.

*sigh* Embarrassing.
I did just pick out the pattern and yarn for the armwarmers though, so we are a few steps closer.

Anyway, embarrassment aside, I feel possessed to mark these milestones, and for this one I'm going to keep it as simple as possible (and with prizes I already have on hand).

THE CONTEST:

1) Leave a comment.


That's it!
Leave your comment here on this post by 5pm Pacific this Sunday.
I will draw Sunday night and let you know the results.
I would love it if you de-lurked and commented even if you don't want your name put into the hat (just say so if that's what you want---but why wouldn't you want to enter??).

There will be THREE WINNERS,
because I have THREE $25 AMAZON GIFT CARDS to give out.

(which makes a total of $75 in prizes and has nothing to do with "1000" I understand, but WhatchaGonnaDo---I couldn't come up with $1k in prizes--times are tough--and let's be honest: selfish me just spent it on an electric spinner).


***IMPORTANT: Comment moderation is still on, as I still get spam here. Once you comment, please allow me a day to approve your comment so that it will show up. I'm not online all day, and it might take some time. Be patient!
Duplicates will be deleted (1 entry per person, please!)

Thanks, and good luck!


It's 5pm on Sunday & the comments are now closed!
Thanks for entering ;-)

33 comments:

Knitika said...

Hi!

I've been lurking here a while. I don't remember if I've commented before or not. Yours is one of several knitting blogs I've added because I encountered them on ravelry some way or another. Since I usually read on Google Reader, I don't comment as often as I should. I do enjoy reading, though. Keep on blogging, and congrats on 1000 posts!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a contest! Count me in. And congratulations on reaching this important milestone! I love reading your blog.

Love, Karen TDL

The Bon said...

I feel like I've been around long enough to remember your first blogiversary contest, and indeed I was, and apparently I was in full-on nerd mode for that contest. Let's go with less nerd and just say "YAY 1000 posts!!"

bibliogrrl said...

I wish I could keep up with my blogging like you do, even when you don't (if that makes any sense).

I don't know what brought me here (and I know I've commented once at least), but I've stayed. Hooray! Congrats on the milestone!

robin54 said...

I recently discovered your blog & am impressed with 1000 posts. Congratulations! I tried blogging a few years back, but couldn't get past trying to be o so thoughtful & erudite (plus I couldn't figure out how to download my photos onto the computer!)Have discovered I'd rather just knit & read others' blogs. Count me in your contest please. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

FUZZARELLY said...

I read your every post, and seldom comment. (Just like you do with my blog.) I think I am past 700 posts, but unlike you, I don't Blog Every Day.

Maybe I'll have a little contest giveaway when I reach 750.

Blogging is so yesterday, huh? First I've heard of it. Just kidding. I understand that most young people access the internet via iPhones and not home computers. Kids these day! I don't mind being a dinosaur.

katkoe said...

yeah to 1000! thanks for sharing with the great internet void all these years :)

Mouse said...

Happy 1,000th post dude! Congrats! I'm definitely glad to have "met" you here in blogland... maybe one of these days I'll get out there to see you!

Cate said...

oh, I love contests. and amazon. and your blog, of course.

Gwen said...

I'm commenting. Hi!

I hate those lingering forever promised or even only half-promised knits. I try to avoid them, but every once in a while I get caught.

Dani said...

Oooh, I was so glad when you announced you were doing blog365 again (even though this a totally one-sided relationship and I nearly never de-lurk...) and now a contest too, squee! Congrats on hitting 1000 :D

Gretchen said...

I love reading you this last week or so! Also loved meeting you at Silk Retreat - hope all is well! Hey - my word verification is cardplys. That has to be some kind of omen...

Anonymous said...

Hey AmpuTeeHee, it was great meeting you in Port Ludlow. I'm generally a stalker on blogs (and I DO really like them), so this is my encouragement for you to continue, since I just found you! And, I can't wait to hear more about the electric spinner. I think that I'm going to get one too!
Kirstin

~Donna~ said...

Gee...with all the 365 and whole month of this or that blogging that you do and it took almost 5 yrs to get to 1000?

I'll be blogging til the end of time...

Congrats on 1000!!! Always enjoy reading, no matter what you write about. :)

not supergirl said...

I'm glad you're still blogging. I think and facebook are great, but they don't really allow much in depth exploration of those feeeeeelings we all love. So, keep on keepin' on. Please?

idyllicchick said...

Happy Postiversary! Thank you for all of the smiles that you've given me over the past couple of years on your little bloggie here. I'm so glad that people still write to the universe.

painting with fire said...

Not quite delurking since I think I've commented a (very few) times before - am impressed at making it to 1000 entries - am always interested in what you have to say even though I'm not a knitter :-)

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Comment, comment, comment. I've still been reading, even though I haven't commented much lately. :) Happy blogiversary!

XO

Beccaie said...

Delurking to enter the contest. >_> I still blog too, as irregularly as I ever did.

Kendra said...

Wow! A contest so simple that I can handle it! Happy 1,000th post!

thestashattacked said...

Wow. It's actually been a while since I've been on, and lookit, you've got a contest. I lost the link in my bookmarks when my computer went down for the third time (new innards in it now) but I've found you again! Yay!

Rebecca said...

Holy cow! What a great milestone, congratulations!

Hehe, I should hop right over to my blog and get cracking if I ever want to get there...

Sarah G said...

I've been lurking for a very long time. I first came over when Sweater Project guy made you the LED thingies for your wheelchair.
Sorry I've never commented- I'm more of a taker.

Unknown said...

Hooray for 1000! I do read all your posts, just mostly through RSS and not directly on your site.

berlinBat said...

Congrats to your 1000th post! Hope you'll get to 2000 one day and I can continue reading :)

Lynne said...

Long time lurker. Love your blog :)

vtcjan at yahoo dot com said...

There are a bunch of us lurkers here!

I came for the knitting, but keep coming for the thoughts!

Commenting is a hoot, as I have to reload each time to get the Word Verification picture to show up, and I forget until after I write the comment! Hooray for cut and paste.

Thanks for the contest! And Happy 1000th Post!

Lorena said...

I think you ought to do a traveling armwarmer thing for WheelChairDancer. You start them and knit an inch. Mail them to me. I'll do an inch and mail them to the next knitter.

Oh, wait, everyone's gauge is going to be different. You'd have to start both of them so that if both were wonky, at least they'd be wonky in the same way.

Would WheelChairDancer be happy with a scarf, instead?

Oh, look! I commented! ;-)

Denise said...

Although the contest is nice, I wanted to leave a comment because of the first sentence in your post about the '4 or 5' people who still visit. I still visit regularly! I don't always comment because many times I'm reading very early or very late and don't trust my ability to compose a witty or interesting comment.

I also admire your discipline to regularly blog, something I seem unable to successfully manage myself.

Congratulations on your 1000th post!

Pickyknitter said...

I check in every day too. Been following along since before you moved into the new house and enjoy every post. thank you for sharing!

Kathy said...

Happy Blogiversary! I love reading your mishmash of knitting, meditation, dancing and wheelchair/gimp topics.

JohnK said...

Happy 1,000th post.
Wow I feel like I've been around here for most of them. Apologies for my recent quietness, still paying attention. xxoo
John

Anonymous said...

yay 1000 posts! don't enter me in the contest, i'm just jumping on the comment bandwagon.

The MIG