Friday, August 18, 2006

poopis

Thanks for asking. Flash The Gecko is fine. We are to treat him like a patient and not a pet for awhile, and we have instructions on how to do so. No signs of illness.

New Mew, however, did not fare as well.




After teaching dance class last night, I turned my cell phone back on at around 10:30 to see 17 missed phone calls from TheMIG. When I got through to him, he could barely speak...and his poor sweet New Mew was dying in his arms. By the time I got there, she was gone. We sat with her for a very long time, it was just so hard to believe. He put her in a box with one of his t-shirts and added some catnip for her....he is off to bury her this morning right now as I sit here typing this.

Sadly, I don't personally have any photos of his kitty to share with you...but she was a rust-ish and white colored tabby-ish sort of cat, except she was somewhat exotic looking. I'm not sure if she was some particular breed. She had one of those big round moon-faces with fluffy cheeks. Her head always seemed too big for the rest of her. She had lots of extra toes, too...I think 7 on each her front paws and 6 on her hind legs. One time I brought her into her vet for her regular shots, and the vet had her name listed as "Ginger." I think TheMIG said "New Mew" was too hard to explain. TheMIG always called her "New-pis Poo-pis," and sometimes just plain old "Poopis."

She was always basically nice to me, but she was very fickle with her affections towards me. She would lay it on very thick....
whenever TheMIG wasn't around.
He'd leave the room, and she'd sashay right on up to me and bonk her head into my hand like a harlot, but when she'd hear his footsteps returning, she'd turn away like she had no idea who I was. Her other talent was giving me the SquintyVoodooEvilEye when TheMIG was more focused on me than her. There were many times of snuggling when he'd have one of us in each hand.

She is survived by her "brother" (although not littermate), Tad....and she will be missed.


Feel free to shout out to TheMIG in the comments, if you like. He's a regular reader.

5 comments:

InkyW said...

awww poopis, i hope she is rolling around huge fields of the finest nip! we lost noel-kitty on may 31, and even just last night we were mentioning how we missed her.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Gray said...

I am very sorry to hear about New Mew. I know that sadness all too well.

Anonymous said...

I am very, very sorry to hear of your loss. I often tell people that giving up a leg was nothing compared to any time I've lost a cat. I mean it.

I hurt for you, Bonnie's MIG.

Carol said...

I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss, MIG. I am still mourning my kitty who died several years ago. They bring so much love and joy into our lives and really ask for very little in return. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Why did it take me this long to catch up on my reading? I was thinking about New Mew the other day, when I was taking Phd to the vet. He's been losing weight and coughing a lot, but he's still OK.

I do with MIG would have emailed me, though. Tell him I'm sorry and to hug Tad for me. I think I have a picture of New Mew somewhere... If I can find it, I'll scan it and send it along.

-mnvnjnsn