Wednesday, October 18, 2006

48 things

I just finished up that last blogpost. It was a list. Then I sat down to surf a few favorite blogs while finishing my coffee only to find this other list-y thang floating around today, and so here it is.
Two in one day.
Aren't you excited.
-------------

48 Things You Could Care Less About


1. FIRST NAME? TheAmpuT

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Technically, I was named after an event, not a person. Actually, TheMIG came up with the nickname, as well as my blog name, though. As for my real name, no I was not named after anyone.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? A week ago. I was pms-ing and was certain TheMIG didn't find me attractive anymore. Actually, I might have even shed a little tear about something or another this past weekend. I'm big on the weeping. Leaky eyes.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, but you probably wouldn't. My everyday (less formal) handwriting is a messy blend of cursive-meets-printing.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? If it weren't for MyFK, I wouldn't eat any. But Honey Roasted Turkey is in the house, and I sometimes pick at it when I make his lunch.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would definitely want to meet me, but I'm not sure I'd want to do what it takes to have a deeper freindship with me.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I do, although most of my writing is now blogging.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, but I should have had them removed, and it's almost been scheduled twice in my adulthood. I go through bouts of recurring strep throat.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? If there is such thing as a torso harness, I would consider it. I do not have a desire to bounce around hung by my only leg though.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat with brown sugar. Yet, I rarely eat it. And now I want to go to the grocery store.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? If they are high-tops, yes. If they are ankle-high, no.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes. But not as strong as everyone has decided I am.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? That's like asking a mother of ten who her favorite kid is. Don't make me do it.

14. SHOE SIZE? us Size 8, although for a couple years after my kid was born, my arches fell and I was a 9.

15. RED OR PINK? Ok, this is hard for me to admit, but: Pink. I spent my whole life hating pink. Even as a little girl, I hated pink. In my 20's and 30's my wardrobe used to have a so much red it in, it was the featured color. But in the past two years, I wear (and knit) loads and loads of pink (mostly, but not exclusively, darker shades...lots of wine colors).

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? emotionally: Self-doubt; physically: the scar on my right arm.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My dance teacher and mentor, the late Jamie "Sabah" Miller.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Please no.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black plants, a khaki green t-shirt with Japanese letters on it (who knows what it says), and black high top wrestling shoes. I mean, shoe.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chocolate. At 9:00 am. Breakfast of Champions.

21. ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The annoying humm of my computer.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Sky Blue.

23. FAVORITE SMELL? TheMIG's armpits.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My ex-husband.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? (edited to correct) If it's a photo or if they are out sniffing distance, the whole face. First the nose, then the eyebrows, then the eyes, then the lips. If they are close enough, I notice their scent first.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? I don't know her personally, but iof she's the self she really blogs about, yes. I like her.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? I love the flavor of my morning coffee.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Sex.

29. EYE COLOR? Brown.

30. HAT SIZE? I have no idea, which is odd, because I own many. I just try them on and they either fit or they don't.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, and I dont' wear glasses.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Anything potatoes.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I don't like the bloody kind of scary movie, but like the edge-of-my-seat kind of scary movie. Tension. Happy endings are okay unless they are too neat and tidy.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Spring, actually. And I do miss living somehwhere with real winters.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Kisses. Lots and lots of making out please.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Same answer as #13, don't make me pick. I typically favor chocolate, but I can't pass up creme brulee or flan if it is on the menu.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? This is not an email response thing.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Same as above.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? "The Swallow" by Maria Doria Russel sits on my nightstand unread. It is sad, because TheMIG loved it and wanted to share it with me, and I haven't read it. I've been listening to AudioBooks lately. From the library, I currently have an Edgar Allan Poe collection, and "Every Mother is a Daughter," by Perri Klass & Sheila Solomon Klass.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? It says "click..pointg..click..point.." a million times and in various font sizes.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? The Colbert Report and an episode from season two of Six Feet Under (on dvd).

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Silence--big time number one favorite sound. A babbling brooke/small stream. MyFk saying "I love you." The sound of someone saying my name (interestingly, I don't hear it that often). And the sound of TheMIG right before he....

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? France.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can organize or coordinate just about anything (like people or events, not like the piles of crap in my house). TheMIG calls me the Extra-Ordinator.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Hartford, CT.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Found at Inky's blog. Your turn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pet peeve: the phrase "Could Care Less" is often used when what is really meant is "Couldn't Care Less".

Gray said...

I tend not to read these lists because ever more of my life is being compressed between thos old 24 hour bookends, but I did read this and felt connected on several points.

Yea for oatmeal and cream of wheat with brown sugar. I'm tired of being alone.

In our cable-free household, we and having a great time watching Six Feet Under episode by episode for the first time. It passes for family television on the edge with our teenager. Season 3 disk 3.

I have many family members born in Hartford or West Hartford, though my immediate roots are in the Guilford area.

BeanMama said...

Do read The Swallow -- it's really good. :)

Lorena said...

What's with the arches falling thing? That happened to a friend of mine, also. Also her hair got very thick while pregnant (both times), but then a lot of it fell out after the birth of her second daughter. These stories are not making me want to have children...