Monday, May 21, 2007

just in case you dont see me for awhile...


art from the little girls room at 924 Gilman, taken 4/13/07 during the broken computer era


I'm letting y'all know in advance that I might be MissingInAction for a couple of weeks. N0 need to send out the brigade or anything. My plate is just very full for the next 14 days. Check out what is on my calendar:


* Testing driving a potential new car

* Having the company that adapts vehicles look at said new car

* Getting MyFavoriteKid's science project down to the science fair

* Reparing his costume for the play

* Volunteer work at the convalescent hospital (x2)

* Going to the Volunteer Thank You Party at the elementary school

* A walk through of the new house

* Having a second contractor look at the new house for an estimate on work I need done before moving in

* MyFK's School Play

* The Science Fair
* Teaching dance class (x2), one of those being a sort of student performance night (a showing of works in progress)

* Getting utilities and whatnot set up at the new house

* Getting funds transferred to the escrow company, finalizing he insurance all that jazz

* Probably a kajillion other escrow related last minute details I haven't even thought of

* Flying to Texas with TheMostImportantGuy for his cousin's wedding for the weekend (Dallas Forth Worth area...any suggestions on cool things to do there?)

* Closing escrow on the new house

* Having 2 flooring companies come in to give estimates

* Having movers come to give an estimate

* TheMIG's Birthday

* My Mom's Birthday



And I betcha I am forgetting something. Of course the list doesn't even include all the day to day stuff, which I am pretty much behind on already. Mmmm, so yeah. Maybe I will try sending up a smoke signal this week. If you don't see one by the Friday morning, come have them look for me under a pile of dirty clothes or dishes please. I don't want to miss my plane.


10 comments:

JessZ said...

Neat pic. Don't forget to breathe!

Anonymous said...

Fergetaboutit!!! I want off that list! All I want is the usual....P&Q.... ;-) But, thanks for thinking of me!

Anonymous said...

How will you test drive a new car? Do you use hand controls or a left-foot pedal like I use?

It's okay if you don't answer for a couple of weeks! I get it! It's just something I've been wondering about myself. I have never seen a temporary left-foot pedal that was also DOT (and skeptical engineer boyfriend) approved, and I am too stupid [in cars specifically] to learn how to use hand controls -- nor have I ever found a set of those, truth be told, that you could just pop in and pop out without altering the car permanently in some way.

So. What do you know about this that I don't? I'm very interested.

But I also know you're busy. So please don't construe answering my questions as an "assignment," okay? :) Thanks!

Good luck with all of it!

Cynthia said...

There is a Brazilian restaurant in Dallas/Ft. Worth that is great (unless you're a vegetarian). Good luck with everything! I enjoy reading your blog, by the way. (You need to knit a little more once you get settled into the new house!) Cynthia

Romi said...

Dude. Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Is there a contact email for this blog? I'd like to contact the editor..!

Harriet

Carol said...

Ahem. I didn't see knitting on that list. Or spinning. Or even test-driving new spinning wheels. Just looking out for you 'cuz I lerve you.

Good luck with the other stuff, too. But remember your priorities. ;)

Carrie said...

Wow, sounds like you'd better keep moving! Hope everything goes well for you, and we'll read you when you get back!

Kerry said...

Take a nice deep breath then CHARGE! LOL Hope all goes smoothly!

Sheepish Annie said...

It sounds busy...but a lot of it sounds kind of "fun" busy! Still, make sure you don't overdo or anything!