Saturday, November 10, 2007

rain

It's raining today. I love the rain in most cases, but this time I'm a little bit nervous about the hill behind my house. Or what is ON it, at least.

Do you remember my upstairs neighbor?
The guy on the hill with the trampoline??



Well, a few weeks ago we had our first real rain, accompanied by high winds, and by mid-afternoon his trampoline had blown part way down the hill.



He set it back up, but right where it had landed. So it has been reinstalled, but it is slowly inching closer.

It is has been raining all day here. Hope I don't wake up to find that it's in my yard....although, if it is, do I get to call "finders keepers, losers weepers" ??

(although me on a trampoline....I dunno, man LOL)

6 comments:

Emma said...

Yikes! I'd be a little nervous too. Hope that trampoline stays in its own yard!

Mouse said...

Wow.. I never understood the thing with trampolines though. Our one neighbor has one and his kid broke his arm on it and nearly smashed his skull in. Somehow that doesn't sound like fun to me.
(though I do think you should get to keep it if it lands in your yard)

Carol said...

Okay, this could be really funny but it all depends on whether the guy behind you has met you yet.

Here's what I'm imagining: Trampoline falls down hill. You go to their door with a piece of vinyl or loose spring or some part of it. Guy says "Sorry, I hope you weren't hurt." You say, "What do you mean, I wasn't hurt? Before that thing fell I had both legs!" Is that really in bad taste? Should I censor that comment?

Carol (plagued with self-doubt as to whether I crossed a line)

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Dude, you have to quit worrying. LOL
For starters, that was funny.
Secondly, I dont get pissed with friends if they mistep. I just say so. And I consider you a friend (same with most of the other regulars here..sorry, there are a few exceptions).
Thirdly, I dont think I have ever had to say something to a friend, as it just takes a whole lot to piss me off when it comes to this topic. I think I've only ever had to say something one time.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

I think you'd do quite well on a trampoline, though. You know, should one make its way to you, fall from the sky or whatnot.

Carol, you cracked me up. You also reminded me of some neighborhood idiots who play softball on the train tracks. They are young and beautiful and healthy, and I fear for them. So in summer when I wear shorts which clearly reveal my prosthetic leg, I am often tempted to lurch up to them and say, "Looks like fun. You know, I used to play ball on these tracks, too."

heh

Carol said...

Sara, I like your style.