Wednesday, April 16, 2008

still behind, may never catch up

This happens all the time.
I want to finish writing about something before it slips away (ie the trip), but current events are just too in my face.

Today???
Today I was rear ended. Twice. By the same driver.
No shit.

Here in California, you can make a right turn on a red light if you stop first (unless posted otherwise). So there I was, at a very busy intersection, stopped and waiting to make a right hand turn, which I couldn't do because the oncoming traffic was think and mostly semi-trucks carrying loaded containers. The lady behind me just sorta bumped right into me. Not too bad, but enough for me to want to get out and take a look and make a point. I pulled forward a couple of feet, got out of the car to assess the damage, and didn't see any big deal. She asked me if I was okay, and I told her she should pay more attention. The end.

I got back in my car, and before I could even release my parking brake, she slammed into me again. Hellooooooooooo......

As for my car, it still was not much more than a couple of big scratches on my rubber-ish bumper (or whatever that stuff is made out of these days). Her car on the other hand was pretty toasted. She had a fold in her engine hood, lost a section of bumper, and bashed out a headlamp.

I phone the police to come take a report, and go figure, she tried to tell them it was my fault...hahahahahaha.

People.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news (and not to make this a DogBlog), yes...I agree. Dog training for Riley is definitely in order. I just couldn't sign him up until he got rid of his kennel cough and all of his shots and boosters became effective.

But today (after being rear ended) I took Riley to the dog park for the first time. The kind where it's fenced in and you can let them run around with other dogs like a big giant playdate, but for dogs instead of kids. Or dogs who are like kids. Or something.

Anyway, Riley was awesome. Got along great with the other dogs, and was really into starting up something that looked like a game of tag with the other dogs. What was funny though, is that he'd get a big dog to chase him, and then he'd run under and through something low, like a park bench for example, so that the big dog would lose. Very crafty, that Riley.

But the best part of the day was that I got to meet a dog trainer there, who does one on one training, and is reasonably priced. I'm glad to have found him, because even though Riley isn't freaked by the wheelchair, some dogs (and some people, it would seem LOL) are freaked out around moving metal objects...and I wasn't sure how that was going to work out in a group training environment. I still have a call into the head trainer of the local humane society to hear if they can accommodate me, but I haven't heard back yet. Going with this one on one trainer might just be the ticket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last but not least, I have to say, I have completely failed in my goal to respond to all comments in the comments. I'm a slacker, and I am sorry. I DO read them, and I always am thankful for every contribution (almost LOL), and if I owe you an email or feedback, I am sorry.

I am also about 2 weeks behind or so on reading other people's blogs. If you have had something big in your life happen, I am sorry if I have missed it.

I just cant seem to catch up on anything but laundry, but hey---at least I managed that!

4 comments:

Janice in GA said...

Great Zeus, what a moron! I thought if you were rear-ended it was nearly always the rear-ender's fault.

It also kills me that people seem to think that right on red is a requirement. It's not -- it's an option.

And if it will make you feel better, I can show you pictures of the skein of yarn and the bamboo needle that Lucky (my dad's dog, the one I inherited) ate.

jodi said...

Hmm. Perhaps you should have pulled an ampu-teehee on that lady. Keep her from jumping the gun next time.

~Donna~ said...

Clean underwear *is* very important you know....

And moronic drivers should be...welll...don't get me started.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's incredibly moronic! What did the police say?