Monday, June 02, 2008

a little knittin'

Elysian

Pattern found here. (do click and see the designer's photos--they are of much better quality than mine, and the yarn she used shows off the lace much better!)

Queue on Ravelry here.

Also noted on my Ravelry page, here.

Yarn: Rowan Kid Class, about 2/3 a skein, colorway: Nightly (midnight blue)
Needles: US 5, 7, & 8
Size: long
Started: May 27
Finished: May 29
Notes: This was a test knit for Susan, the designer. Great pattern. A great combination of quick, easy knitting, mixed with a bit of lace and the learning of a new technique (an awesome stretchy picot cast on).

I knit the long version of the gloves, but my row gauge was different so they came out a bit shorter, probably. I am pleased with the results, though. Adding another repeat after the wrist shaping would have been a simple fix if I had wanted to.

There are three versions of the picot bind off (depending on how big you’d like your “picots” to be) and I did the version that was right up the middle.

I am sure I will knit more of these as gifts and for myself. The Kid Classic feels great to wear, but it doesn’t provide quite enough stitch definition to see the lace, imho (it bloomed upon blocking). I’d probably try something a bit more tightly spun.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I now officially have some sort of knitting itch. Like a psychological rash.

* I have the red Juliet cardigan on the needles, and am almost done, but feel driven to at least (as in, I really want to cast-on, dang it) just knit a swatch for another sweater.

* I am almost done with the first sock of a pair, but I also have a sock club knit along starting up this week where we will all be knitting the same pattern, and s that, I have another sock yarn club I just joined where the yarn is dyed to match movie themes (the first up is The Sound of Music).

* I also have a lace club I belong to that has a shawlette/scarf kit that should be arriving any day now

.........annnnnnnd..............
I want to do it all! Yet fear finishing nothing!
Oy!

6 comments:

JohnK said...

Love the knitting, but..... how about more garden shots? That little background glimpse has left me wanting more.

Anonymous said...

Love the knitting - your hands look pampered! :)

Can't wait to see the Juliet cardi!

~Donna~ said...

OOOH...mitts. I love fingerless mitts and fingerless gloves. Oooh...and can't wait to see the Sound of Musice sock/yarn. That is my all time favorite movie/musical ever!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

john ~ ok ok!

jennakate ~ meee tooo. I'm almost done ;-)

donna ~ Yes, I'm very excited about the movie theme sock yarn thing. Having Sound of Music as the first installment is what clinched it for me. It's one of my faves, too!

EkC said...

Cool gloves! And they only took you a couple of days to knit? Not bad! Are they comfortable?

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

ekc ~ Yes, a very quick knit! And I even had a busy couple of days there! Very comfortable, too...it is shaped at the wrist so it doesn't get saggy. The yarn is soft and yummy.