Wednesday, August 13, 2008

tourist in my own neck o' the woods


Fisherman's Wharf
today....

Pitstop first at Boudin Bakery (yummmm)....

Alcatraz as seen from the Hyde Street turn-around (that's a fun link, you should click it...really)...

A view of the Golden Gate Bridge (compliments of MyFavoriteKid)...

San Francisco as seen from the bridge (also MyFK's)...



And then just 'cuz I'm strange, these last two are from the Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Museum...


A portrait of Van Gogh.
Made of Toast.



And Valentino (as Son of The Sheik).
From dryer lint.

;-)

3 comments:

Carol said...

You won't be surprised to hear that the last 2 are my favorites. Have you ever been to the Carousel Horse museum? Not as quirky, but cool, though it's been years (Years!) since I was there.

Your first photo made me think of my late grandmother, who referred to her visit to "Fisherman's Dwarf."

Carrie said...

Toast art. I love it. All of the pictures are beautiful, though. It looks like you had fun playing tourist!

Jennie said...

I didn't want to, but I really loved that museum. Had a great time there with my kid & my sister's family.