Monday, December 15, 2008

first part=drag, second part=fun

My apologies in advance, but this is a photo-heavy post. It's almost midnight, and it's just going to be easier to do this in photos.

The weather only got worse. Way worse.




It was like that almost the whole way here. I know that driving in snow doesn't mean that much to those of you in other parts of the world. I mean, I DID grow up living in snow, but never during my driving years. My driving years are all California based, and even though I have driven in snow a couple times as an adult, I have never (until now) done it in a RV.

It sucked the life out of me.

Anyhow, we made it. Finally.

We checked into our hotel, changed clothes, and hopped a cab to The Venetian:


The real reason for going there was to see the Phantom of The Opera, which I have seen before in San Francisco, but it was pretty mindblowing to see it Las Vegas style in a theater built specifically for the show.

Sadly, I have no photos of that, because cameras are not allowed, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Anyhow, while waiting for the show, we ate dinner, checked out the magic shoppe, and took a gondola ride:


After the show, we cruised the strip a bit. Got to see the volcano erupt over at the Mirage:



And then we headed on into the Bellagio:

Canopy of giant glass blown flowers in the lobby....and the conservatory which is set up with a holiday display:



Those flying reindeer are made out of some sort of nuts. Maybe pecans.

We also caught a couple rounds of the water show outside.


Hopped a cab back to the hotel, grabbed a late night snack, and now here I am trying to get this post in, but feeling like I might just pass out from exhaustion.

0 comments: