Thursday, December 18, 2008

ok. fine. let's try alpacas.

Clearly you guys are not one bit interested in my vacation photos.



Here's some alpaca for you fiber folk. Taken at Sigfried and Roy's Secret Garden at the Mirage Hotel. We also saw dolphin and various tigers. I am so homesick for my own pets that I walked out of the gift store with stuffed animals.

Since I know at least my mom and dad are keeping tabs here, this is what we have done in the last two days:

Wednesday:
* Statosphere and lunch at The Top Of The World (food = really good/money's worth)
* Circus Circus (lots of tickets and MyFK won a souvenir pillow to bring home; saw circus acts, too....then also did the coaster inside the AdventureDome, which was a bit of a dud)
* MGM to see the lion habitat and to have dinner at the buffet

Today/Thursday:
* Monorail to the Mirage to see the gigantic fish tank, the atrium, the secret garden and another buffet (our favorite thus far)
* a cruise thru Caeser's Palace
* back to the Mirage for the new volcano show (very cool)
* and then on to see Ka, the Cirque du Soleil show (mindblowing, amazing, even got a little teary eyed it was so magical)

Today was supposed to be a trip to Hoover Dam, but the road conditions are still poopy from snow. Schools here were closed today even! We might try that tomorrow. It's our last day and we head out Saturday.

The end.

3 comments:

Carol said...

While I am intensely interested in anything and everything you do, I must confess that Las Vegas is rather low on my list of places to visit. This is odd, because I love offbeat and tacky; for example, I LOVED Graceland.

I think it is the presence of Celine Dion.

However, ALPACAS! Cute!! Fiber!!

BTW, are there any LYSs in Las Vegas?

Mouse said...

Oooh.. Cirque! I watch the shows that they put on tv and they are AMAZING- I'd love to see one of the shows IRL. I'm totally interested in your trip.. I'm just swamped with Xmas.

Kerry said...

I love the alpacas! They have so much personality. And they poop little tiny pellets. Easier to clean up after than the dogs. At least that's what I keep telling the hubby.

And I was quite impressed with the lions even if they weren't impressed with the snow. ;-)