Friday, July 03, 2009

Today was the first day since MyFavoriteKid has been out of school that I finally had nothing scheduled. I was so excited about it, but then sadly I woke up feeling like I had forgotten something. Was it a dentist or doctor's appointment? A trip to the vet? You know, one of those things you schedule months in advance and then sorta forget about, and then you fail to track the reminder post-card when it pops up in the mail?

I hardly wanted to get out of bed to check "the book" and find out what I was forgetting, but I did, and it ended up being that I had scheduled a lunch date with my friend Terri. WAY BETTER than the dentist!! Woohoo!!

It was great to hang out with her. I know her because she does bodywork and teaches healing arts (and I've gone to her for both). We've become good friends over the couple of years I have known her. This past year we've started to spend time together "outside the office". She joined our entourage when we went to Stitches West this year (she knits, too!!), and now we've become determined to book regular lunch dates. We went out for Indian Food and just hung out for a couple of hours, and then when we got back to the office, I taught her how to Kitchener off her first sock (how to finish off the toe and sew it closed nicely). I'd given her the yarn and the needles as gift a few months ago....I am such and enabler. She tried the first sock on and I think she is hooked.

When I came home, I decided to go back to my first day (probably my only day--you know how that goes) of "nothing":


A little time on the laptop, a little time knitting (I'm working on a scarf made out that handspun I made awhile back), and a little time with my absolute FAVORITE thing ever, my Kindle (it's an electronic book reader). LOVE LOVE LOVE. More on that soon. I just need to get less excited about it before I write about it, lest I sound like an infomercial or something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my comments to your comments are always posted back in the comments ;-)

4 comments:

Lynda the Guppy said...

I just got my kindle this week. LOVE it. Spent all day yesterday sending pdf books to Amazon to convert. LOLOL

~Donna~ said...

oooh! Hi Terri!!!!

Glad you had a wonderful day off.

Happy 4th!!!

Carol said...

I'm very curious to hear about the Kindle. I know several people who have RAVED about theirs. The only downside is no library books, you've got to buy everything. But still...

p.s. glad you're posting more lately. I've missed you.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Lynda ~ I've never known so much LOVE hahaha.

Donna ~ I'm seeing her next week, too...and I will say hi! Hope you had a happy 4th, too!

Carol ~ I will definitely give a review in the next day or so. It's a neat thing, for sure. I see what you mean about the $$ vs. Library for sure, but so far the stuff I'm most interested in reading are classics, and there are free versions! whee!
And thank you :-) I've missed being here.