Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Oh, how I loooooove MyFavoriteKid's orthodontist!
You bring in your Halloween candy...

...and he trades it for "orthobucks".

That was 6 pounds of candy, guys (and that wasn't even all of it)...and MyFK got $30 Orthobucks (he also earns them by being on time for appointment and not breaking appliances and whatnot). MyFK saves up the bucks to purchase things from their little store. Stuff like giftcards for iTunes or video games, for example.

I'm thrilled that MyFK isn't going to be digging in to that much candy of course, but I'm really tickled that he let it go because I was starting to pick over his stash myself! Gah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, onto the next thing:

Ladies and gentleman! Today I recieved a special request from my friend Donna (of the Chaos). She has asked for some good vibes to be sent her way, and not just from me. She asked me to post it to my blog.

Now, quite frankly, I'm not even sure who's out there reading this blog anymore...but if y'all are out there, and if you've been coming here for any amount of time, then you know how I feel about "The Mojo".

I don't care whatcha call it. Sending good vibes, visualizing, setting intentions, prayer, positive thinking, chanting, voodoo...whatever. They are all paths to the same point in my mind. And if any of you out there practice some version of this? Well, this is a request to roll up yer sleeves and move some energy around.

Donna has asked for me to "mojo-ize" (tm) (hahahaha) two things. I'm gonna toss in a third thing she aint even askin' for (directly), but let's address her stated requests first.

The first thing she's working on is improving the school situation for her teenage son. He is one very smart (and very cool) kid. The current school situation is not serving him well at all. The classes and the classroom support he needs no longer exist. There are also safety issues (incidents included) in getting him too and from the school. I'll keep it general, but let's just say it's been scary. Scary enough for Donna to ask for you all to help, and scary enough for me to do it. Donna is being a true MamaBear, and she is "on it" and doing all the legwork. She and her son have done all of the beuracratic hoop jumping required to get him into a better situation, but as of today (they just interviewed at the new school), they are now in the waiting game phase while their request is being decided upon.
Mojo-ize!

The second thing she nees help with is an employment situation. She'd been let go from her job earlier in the year, and is now working with someone very close to her to help them start up a new company. Problem there? The new company is stuck in it's beuracratic bullshit, as well....and if licenses don't get approved and things don't get rubber stamped pretty quickly, the new company is not going to make it. Donna seems more worried about the company and it's founder than her position, but I vote we do mojo for both.
Mojo-ize!


I guess really we could all just keep it sort of global. Just imagine everything getting approved. There. That oughta do it.

Okay, and now the third request. From me. She has not asked for help on this one, but she's not really the type to ask for things for herself. Donna's a knitter who is not knitting!!! Her wrist is hurting. I can't remember what caused it (sorry, Donna)...but she did make a couple of humungous Tunisian Crochet comforters recently (out of acrylic yarn), and well....maybe that didn't help much LOL. Whatever caused it, I dunno...but all fiberistas need their creative outlet, especially in trying times. I vote we visualize Donna knitting, pain free.
Mojo-ize!
(you sick of that yet??)


Anyhow. You can do this little favor in just a snap of your fingers, and you can do it quiet-like, or you can leave a note here, or on her blog if you want...or not. Just vibe it!! And thank you so much for chipping in. Thank you thank you. She's good peeps, and she's a bit overdue in the receiving of goodness department.
Besides, when you send it out, all comes back anyhow, ya' know? ;-)

11 comments:

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Awww...of course! Lots of good mojo to Miz Chaos and some to you too, just because.

XO

Jolene said...

***insert kind wishes here***

I feel for that kid... I had some troubles with school also, and must admit that highschool was a pretty sad/scary/frustrating/annoying time for me too. I will think happy/positive/encouraging thoughts for both Mom and Son today. I hope that you both feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I have a cold, so I don't know how far my vibes will travel, but mojo-izing accomplished.

Please be sure to update us on her situation.

Obsessed with knitting said...

Tell Donna to consider herself MOJOIZED! :-)
I'm sending her lots of Love and Light for the Highest Good of All Concerned. And so it IS!

~Donna~ said...

Wow, you guys work quick! Thanks AmpuT for putting this out there and thanks everyone for all your good mojo thoughts, etc.

One good thing has already started happening, so please keep the Mojo flowing!

I've been trying to get my insurance to approve the next step with my wrist - it's an old injury come back to haunt in a BIG way.

They've been stalling the doc for 3 weeks now - in the mean time the pain hasn't stopped and I'm fearful of further injury.

This morning, I got a call from the doc's office. The MRI has been approved! Things are rolling again with that now.

Please keep the Mojo going for the school and business issues as getting thru the red tape is going to be quite difficult. Ugh.

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING YOU GUYS!!!

Carrie K said...

Definitely sending up some prayers for Donna and her son! And her wrist. Not able to knit with all that going on? Yikes.

Lynda the Guppy said...

Mojo-ize powers...ACTIVATE!

Consider her Mojo-ized from this Guppy.

not supergirl said...

Good vibes heading Donna's way!

JennaKate said...

The mojo is ON! Hugs and well-wishes sent to Donna, and to you of course. I'm excited tos ee you blogging more regularly - great stuff.

Anonymous said...

Sending love and light to Donna, her son, the schools involved or to become involved, the incidents and their participants ... that all may be well with ease and grace, for the highest good of all concerned.

Love and light to Donna, her coworkers, business, clients and customers, regulatory agencies, and all the red tape for easy untangling, smooth processing ... that all may be well with ease and grace for the highest good of all concerned.

Love and light to Donna and to Amputee-Hee for ease, beauty and freedom of knitting ... and everything else you do for fun ... FTHGOAC.

Thanks for asking.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

to all ~ you guys are awesome :-) xoxox