Sunday, November 22, 2009

slop

I'm getting quite sloppy with my daily blogging skillz thang, apparently.

I do this thing with my bloglines where when I have a topic I want to post about or a link I'd like to share, I slap it into the body of a post, and then save it so it's in my drafts. That's the only way I've found to remember it (ask me how often I check my drafts though, LOL).

Somewhere earlier in the month, I found out that there was going to be something going on this month like NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month), except it was to inspire the readers to comment. Maybe it was called NaBloCoMo or something, I dunoo (except that I think it was just for a one week, not a whole month). I could swear it was supposed to be near the end of the month, and I was just certain that I had saved the link to it in a drafted blogpost (of course not, though)....and I was going to ask you guys to all participate (so selfish me wouldn't feel like she's blogging into outerspace...I get so lonely).

So I go to my list of posts sitting in drafts this morning, and of course I cannot find the NaBlCoWhatever we are calling it thing I was sure I had saved....but sure as shit, there is my post from Thursday (which was done on Thursday, please pat me on the back) sitting there in drafts, un-posted....just like I did earlier in the month.
Like I said.
Loss of skillz.

Now, to my credit, Thursday was the day I spent in Urgent Care after several hours of vomitting, and by the time I came home to write that post, I had been injected with a few funny little things to make the pain go away (apparently I now have a migraine issue). So it's amazing to me that I even took a photo of the meds and uploaded it and typed something before plopping into bed. Just too bad I didnt hit "publish post" instead of "save now". So lame.


Anyhow. I am off to spinning class this not-so-bright morning. Something about cashmere and angora, if I recall. MyFavoriteKid spent the night at a buddy's house and then they are going to the younger bro's birthday/bowling party....and TheMostImportantGuy is finishing up a 2-day retreat at the Zen Center. I've had a lot of time alone. It's funny. When I'm busy? I wish for time alone to do things with myself that nobody else wants to do. When I have the time alone? I wish I wasn't.
I need to ponder that.

3 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Don't think about it...just be. Just be alone, or just be with others. Don't know about you, but lately it hurts me to think too much. :)

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Donna ~ yah, way too much thinking over here for sure

Linda said...

Sorry to hear about the migraines. they can be horrible. I started with them the year I moved to MD from TX, started working full time rotating 12 hour shifts instead of part time 8 hour day shifts. Can you spell stress?
I still get them, not quite as severe but more frequently, and the most common cause is the weather. Not much I can do about the weather. I start with a sinus headache and sometimes it morphs into a migraine. Nothing to do but take the meds and rest if I can.

I love time for myself but it takes time to learn to use it well, not just wait for something/someone to happen.