Sunday, January 31, 2010

get 'er done

I finally sat down and tinkered with a shawl I had been working on a few months ago and set aside because it had a mistake....very far back.


As usual, I couldn't just leave it and keep knitting, even though it was probably going to be unnoticeable in the long run.


But I also didn't make the time to fix it. All sorts of excuses. Never enough time or good lighting or a flat surface. Today I finally did it. I dropped down, ohhhh....over 100 rows?


Probably the real reason for my stalling the fix is that I'm not a fan of dropping down to fix garter stitch. I'd rather fix an error in a complex lace pattern than repair plain ol' garter stitch! But this time I used a double ended crochet hook for the first time and it was a snap! It was good to finally get it out of the way, and I'm moving on now, making progress again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Congratulations!!!

Love,
Karen TDL

Janice in GA said...

Wow, a double-ended crochet hook is a great idea! I also hate to do that with garter stitch. Makes me crazy.

Gwen said...

Yeah, once I finally sit down and just take care of whatever thing needs taking care of, it's usually not so bad. Silly of me to always put it off.

~Donna~ said...

Yay!