Sunday, April 11, 2010

weekend scorecard

It really was not a bad weekend, but...it sorta feels like if I had to attach a score to it, it would be a loser.

  • TheMostImportantGuy's dad has been in and out of the hospital this week (actually he was in, then out, then in again, then out... but sent on to another rehab hospital for a bit instead of home).
  • Aside from the bummer of his dad's health, this also meant TheMIG and I had very little time together while he was drove up to their place to help out.
  • MyFavoriteKid invited a friend over to stay over Saturday night, and it only took a few minutes of his being in our company to recognize that he was delivered sick. His mother, given the freedom, had immediately split for the weekend so I could not send him home. I put on my hazmat suit and ran around with Airborne and Lysol, but who knows how it will all play out.
  • The weather was cold and crappy yesterday, then rainy all day today.
  • I got some great knitting time in this weekend, but only to find out that I screwed it all up and need to go back a bit through a complicated section to fix it.
  • I swear to you---I cleaned up the kitchen like 4 or 5 times today, and every time I turned around again, the little elves had covered it will piles of dirty dishes. *sigh* Let's not even discuss laundry.

For the first time in a long while I am looking forward to a Monday.

1 comments:

~Donna~ said...

To look forward to a Monday is just crazy talk, but I've been there too. This weekend was much better than it could have been. Things got done, and I actually saw my son for the ENTIRE weekend. That alone makes it a good one. :)