Tuesday, May 11, 2010

herbivore


I finally finished that little shawl.

My Ravelry Project Page ~ Ravelry Pattern Link
Started:
4/27
Finished: 5/10
Pattern: Herbivore, by Stephen West
The yarn: The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga!, colorway-Bog Fritillery, 1 skein (with just a few yards left over)
Needles: US 8's; my first project using Addi clicks (love!)


Mr.Darcy helped me block it yesterday.


The pattern was great fun to knit. Easy enough to knit on while chatting or watching a movie, but interesting enough to not be a snooze-fest. There is a whoooole lot of P-TBL's in this pattern (Purling Through the Back of the Loop), which usually kill me. I am happy to report that I have finally found a way to do it that was (for me) more ergonomically sound. My right wrist (which holds 2 metal plates and 11 screws) was very pleased with this new discovery.

I absolutely adored working with this yarn. I am thrilled that I have another skein of it in my stash, and I cannot wait to play with it again. I'm not sure if this particular colorway I used here is really "me", though. I love the color, I'm just not sure how well it goes with my skin tone (especially being so close to my face) or if it works with what's in my wardrobe. I'm not ready to put it in the gift-pile quite yet, though. I'd like to play with it for a bit first. If it doesn't work out, I might knit this again in a lipstick-y red. Hell, even if it does work out I might knit this again in red. It was that much fun to do.

I'm also still tinkering with the best to wear this shawl, with it's interesting points and angles, and all.

I tried it this way:



And that way:


But I think this might be my favorite way to wear it:

(even though you wouldn't know that by looking at my face LOL)

In that last shot, the center point is in the back, and the ends are criss-crossed in front and then tossed over my shoulders. This leaves the two other side increase sections to just lay there in a "I can't be bothered to arrange this" sort of way. And I like it.


When I was playing around and taking pics today, I realized that this colorway matches the little FroggyAsDrummer night light thingy I have in my bedroom.


His body is made of glass and has a small bulb inside, and when he lights up he has a lovely glow.
I have a hunch it might be what drew me to the color in the first place.

3 comments:

Mouse said...

I like the second photo of you wearing it.. think it looks awesome!

Kerry said...

It's really beautiful! Great coomnibation of yarn and pattern. I still haven't gotten my hands on any Bugga. Now I want it even more!

AllyB said...

Very nice. I love the color.