Sunday, October 10, 2010

the knitting wins

I almost have a new shawl, so the knitting wins tonight over the blogging. Only two more rows, plus the bind-off....but that will take some doing as I think I'm nearing 500 stitches per row by now.

In brief: the weekend was good. I had a nice long talk with my grandma today. I started reading Ernest Hemmingway's "A Moveable Feast", which has caused me to become really reflective about my creative process. I practiced some on the guitar. I also did some thinking and writing about my sister today (what?? AmpuTeeHee has a sister?!?!---yah, and she's invizzzzzable), and need to decide if it should be posted here. I took MyFavoriteKid out shopping for a few new pairs of pants because he had a growth spurt and outgrew pretty much everything all at once. I took naps both Saturday and Sunday afternoons....and I never take naps, because in general I think naps are pretty silly (go ahead, argue away). I did some Spring-Oh-Wait-It's-Fall-Cleaning thorugh the house and through my closet, and then made a run to Goodwill. I tried once more to rethink how the den is used (it's an under utilized space). I watched the SF Giants win today, in a very exciting game (woot!). And I didn't do a stich of laundry....and there is now a mountain of it growing out of my hamper....and I don't even care because tomorrow is another day...and so is the next day, now that I think of it...and if tomorrow turns out *not* to be another day, I aint gonna need to wear those clothes anyhow LOL.

So now I go knit ;-)

-----
Sent from my iPad

4 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Naps are essential. :) I only take a nap when my body needs it - aka passing out on the couch. Yeah, when you get to that point - your body needs it!

just.one.more.row...takes on a whole new meaning when it's 500 st long! :) Yay knitting!

Gina said...

I hope you were watching the Giants win again tonight! Love those young guys showing some real class in victory and defeat. It's almost as much fun as when people assume I know nothing about sports when they see me with my knitting. (It helps that my son is a sports writer.) After spring/fall cleaning and a trip to Goodwill -- the laundry can definitely wait.

Lorena said...

I am not a nap-taker either. It's not that I think naps are silly, though; it's more because my body is so traumatized by waking up ONCE in the day that I think it would be Cruel and Unusual Punishment to make it wake up TWICE. Only two things can get me to take a nap - NyQuil, and over-exhaustion. Neither are fun, though.

Lorena said...

I am not a nap-taker either. It's not that I think naps are silly, though; it's more because my body is so traumatized by waking up ONCE in the day that I think it would be Cruel and Unusual Punishment to make it wake up TWICE. Only two things can get me to take a nap - NyQuil, and over-exhaustion. Neither are fun, though.

Also I'm having some login issues (operator error) so forgive me if this is posted twice!