Wednesday, April 06, 2011

run away! ('cuz i'm kvetching)

The situation at present:

I have 2 houses to tend to, plus 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 1 very high maintenance teenager. I have 4 volunteer commitments, plus 1 class that I teach that has such an inconsistent turnout that I actually pay to teach the class LOL (the studio rent's gotta come from somewhere, kids). Today I spent close to 4 hours on the phone to 4 different sub-contractors, emailing 3 others, updating back and forth about everything with 1 very tolerant ImportantGuy, and then I went to 3 different stores to purchase maybe 1/2 of everything that is needed to run the aforementioned 2 houses.

I am still reassessing the 4 commitments I made to myself for this year (another year of daily blogging; monthly spinning; daily meditation practice; healthier eating), all of which were achievable at the beginning of the year (before I realized I was to be buying a new house), all of which I was happily achieving through January, none of which are happening now...except the blogging....but it's kinda been half-assed, let. us. be. real. (but I also can't imagine not doing it anymore, I have been doing it so long).


I know that I'm at least 1 person sick to death of hearing myself complain, so you guys (the 2 of you that are left) must have been sick of it weeks ago.


And I have not 1 single idea what to do about it.

9 comments:

Maggie said...

We're doing okay, thanks. Seems to me this here is Your space and you're entitled to use it for as much kvetching as necessary. We love you even when you're spending 4 hours on the phone, honest.

Pickyknitter said...

I'm not sick of it, just jealous :) I'd rather read a kvetch post than no post, so keep em coming!

Lorena said...

OK, I had like five paragraphs typed up - clearly I'd rather wax philosophical on you than write a blog post of my own, hahaha - but what it boils down to is... this is a safe space for you. It's like the living room of your brain, and if you feel like kvetching, kvetch away. We're all your guests and we come here because we love you. Let us listen if you need to vent!

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

What Maggie said! Kvetch as much as you need; I love reading your posts and seeing your new home take shape. And if you decide to slow down on the blogging for a while, well I'll be sad but I'm still going to stick around! Just do what you need to cope and get yourself through. XO

Jill said...

Does the fact that I'm third mean I'm not really here? LOL. I'm always interested in what's happening in people's lives, even if it is doggie doo and renovation dramas.

Sounds like there's not a lot you can do about the situation at the moment - it is what it is, and the only blessing in that is that it won't be forever (though it may feel like it).

Don't forget to eat and breath. If you can do both mindfully, that's even better.

thestashattacked said...

Clicking your imaginary Ravelry love button a million times. love (1,000,000)

The beauty of of the internet is you're allowed to have a crappy day and tell us about it.

Jodie said...

All these ladies seem to echo my thoughts. Your space, do with it what you want. Don't feel obligated, but we like hearing about what you're doing. Plus, if someone doesn't like it, they can unsubscribe.

jodi said...

More luscious photos of that new house, ripe with possibilities, are all it takes to placate us.

Also: two words, my dear. Zen. Centre.

Anonymous said...

I just want to know who this "tolerant ImportantGuy" is (TIG?).

- The (M)IG