Monday, May 30, 2011

synopsis


The closest I was able to get to a Memorial Day event this year was driving by between the hospital and home.

Dad's the same. ICU. Ventilator. More tests. And they don't know what's wrong.
Ahhh, the not knowing.

I'm the same. Tired.

I'm not sure how I managed to get everything done this week that I did, to be honest with you. Out of the whole to-do list, and all the extra appointments, the only things I missed were teaching knitting at the senior center (a volunteer position), and getting it together for the freebie blog. Everything else I managed to pull off, even though I wasn't sure how I was going to manage, and that was before dad getting sick, too.

This afternoon TheMostImportantGuy and went to the new digs and walked around with paint chips trying to figure it all out....


(ooooh, hey...that's the new floor in the sunroom/studio)

Painter comes next week, and once he's done, TheMIG moves in. I am finally starting to feels some excitement around the whole "house thing" again.

But of course we still have "phase two" of the remodeling to deal with next. The in-law unit (the apartment above the detached garage in the rear), well....the general contractor and his crew start demolishing tomorrow.
So here we go again LOL ;-)

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like blues and grays?? Like them. We are auditioning shades of green for our stairway and haven't found one that works yet. Hang in there...hope your dad is doing better.