Saturday, August 06, 2011

snaps on saturday

Today was nice and well rounded.

TheMostImportantGuy dog-sat so I could go to the zen center this morning. I had a very interesting interview with the zen master. I need to ponder things more before I am able to write about it, though.

In the early afternoon went popped into a very small gallery opening for the reception of ROBOTS.


Included were large wooden sculptures (that also double as storage cabinets in some cases), that were made by TheMIG's guitar player and our handyman, Bill Brewer. Super neat.


Also showing was Eric Joyner, whose had created some cover art for an album for the band TheMIG and Bill were in a few years ago.





Robots and doughnuts. Awesome.
We mighta bought a couple of things from him for the new house :-)


In the later afternoon, I played with swatches, did the maths, and cast-on for the new sweater.



Didn't get too far. I made some goofy error on the simplest of raglan increases. Bah. Will have to fix it tomorrow. There was no more time tonight.

MyFavoriteKid's buddies from the North Coast came down for a visit, and we took them to the county fair for a couple of hours.


And here's a few token "awww shots"....





Link

2 comments:

Pickyknitter said...

I wonder if artists have the same problem as knitters - namely, friends of knitters say "wow, can you make me one" instead of forking over the cash. Do friends of painters go to a show and say "wow, can you paint me one"?

GirlWithTheCane said...

Sounds like a lovely day. :)

I've always been interested in Zen Buddhism...some day I'm going to look more seriously into the practice.

Was that an alpaca in the "Awwww" shots?