Tuesday, November 08, 2011

when missing an exit is actually a good thing

This is definitely the Reader's Digest version, completely paraphrased, but the cell phone conversation went something like this:

Me: "It's been great chatting and catching up, and hey... it's been so long since we've hung out! we really should try to schedule somethi....oh crap. I think I just missed my exit. Wow, I actually think I might have missed it awhile ago. Hahaha."

MizzSincereSheep: "Where were you going?"

"Well, I was leaving the doctor's office, but rather than taking highway 37 home, I was going to overshoot that exit and hit up Whole Foods on the way home and then double back afterwards. And now I have just missed that exit. And now...wow....hey....there is nowhere to turn around! I think the next place I can turn around is...!"


"Oh jeez..."

"Oh well. But hey, isn't there a yarn store in Petaluma??"

"Yes, there is Knitterly...."


And so....detour!!!


Very cute little shop there! And very nice people! I also always forget how charming downtown Petaluma is. It's a little historic shopping district with cute little boutiques and restaurants. Being only 45 minutes from home, I really should make it a point to explore it more deeply some weekend soon.

Oh, and yes, I did buy a little yarn (have to support the local yarn stores, don't we?). I picked up some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool to knit the North Hanger Abbey Hood that appears in the Jane Austen Knits magazine that just came out).

On the way out, I even ran into a Whole Foods in Petaluma on the way out...so all bases were covered...and for once, making a wrong turn (or missing one altogether!) didn't seem to be such a bad thing after all.

0 comments: