Wednesday, December 21, 2011

hooooboy!

And you thought that snare drum was somethin' eh???

Whaddya have to say about this?!?!



THAT would be TheEx's (early) X-mas gift to MyFavoriteKid. Which he purchase but will be kept at my house (I thought that sort of noisy gift-giving was something grandparents do, not parents!! Sheesh!).

Nah, in all seriousness, I was totally on board.

It was TheEx's idea to get a drum kit for MyFK, and it was he that shelled out for it...but it really was a team effort on some level. It was TheMostImportantGuy (being a drummer himself) who offered to help look for a really good used kit on Craigslist, and it was also TheMIG who set the drums up while TheEx had MyFK out of the house for a couple of hours. That way it was a full on wonderful surprise. My role in this? It was me who cleared out the den to make space, and I also gave up my living room carpet to go underneath it (I'd be wanting to change the color of the living room Flor tiles anyhow, so it was the perfect excuse.

But my real contribution?? I agreed to tolerate drumming in my house.

Sometimes I want to run around the house pretending to be MrsBennet from Pride and Prejudice...."No one knows what I suffer!!" Or maybe, "You take delight in vexing me. You have no compassion on my poor nerves."


All I can say is, at least I was smart enough to only allow an electronic drum kit and not an acoustic one!

3 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Electronic drum kits don't have earphone jacks? :)

You are a saint.

Pickyknitter said...

two words: rental unit

Mouse said...

I was thinking the same thing... headphones!! Happy Holidays to you and the family- one of these days we'll be on the computer at the same time so we can talk!