Thursday, December 01, 2011

in mourning....

...over the death of my kindle.


I have no idea what I did to it, but the screen is all wonky. Line and streaks but no words.

:-(
:-(
:-(

Yes, I know I can read a regular ol' book. I can do that, and I will. But I have lots of pins and screws in my right hand, and it actually hurts to hold a book up and read for any real length of time. I kind of think of the kindle like a physical therapy tool in a way.

Plus, I was in the middle of reading something and had just gotten to the juicy parts.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! Bad enough when you know why something like this happens, but gadget/device "mystery deaths" are awful. It looks so well taken care of too :-(

Lorena said...

The same thing just happened to a friend's Nook! She was able to get it replaced, maybe a quick call to Amazon...? Well, "quick"...

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Oh bummer! :( Suggestion for a temporary solution? Do I recall you said you had an iPad? If so, you could download the Kindle app - it's not quite the same but probably easier on you than a book. And you should be able to access what you have bought for your Kindle. :)

Heal quickly! XO

Unknown said...

One of my daughters has bad kindle karma, she's had this problem multiple times. If it is less than a year old, amazon will replace.
If you are considering a new one, I absolutely LOVE the new Kindle Fire!

Unknown said...

Argh! I'd call Amazon and see what they can tell you about fixing the problem.

I think of my Kindle as medical equipment too--with my bad neck & migraines (and reading on the subway), it's just better to carry around a Kindle instead of a book.

Unknown said...

OK, I checked the Help on Amazon. It says that the screen may have been affected by electromagnetic interference (or the screen may be defective). Move & hold the power switch for 20 seconds and see if that fixes it.