Wednesday, April 18, 2012

mink-y bread

When life feels like steel wool, it's time to whip out some fuzz.


I use that avatar on my chat screen sometimes, and today I realized it's load of B.S. some days. Like today. When I knit and I still kill people. !! (not literally, of course)

Today I washed and blocked a scarf and a hat project I have been chipping away at for awhile.


The pattern is called Monkey Bread, but this is knit with 70% mink and 30% cashmere yarn (ohhhh the love!), and so as far as I am concerned it is MINK-Y Bread.

It's an "infinity scarf", and for the non-knitting muggles who come here, that means I started the project by doing what is a called a "provisional cast-on". I knit up the scarf, and then when I was done I didn't bind them off. I went back to the cast on where I had started, and I have "live stitches" at both ends so that I was sew the ends together invisibly.

For the knitters out there, this was the project I was referring to the other day when I wrote that I was trying to learn how to graft in pattern. I succeeded, and here's the tutorial I used to get me through it (I watched a whole bunch of videos, and read some very long tutorial with lots of photos, but in the end, this little short-n-sweet tutorial is what saved me).

Anyhow, this is my first time wearing an infinity scarf. I can either leave it in a long open loop or wrap it around twice for a cozier fit.

hey look ma! Here's a close up with me and no make up.


Because what's the point in putting on "a face" when I'm just going to rub it all off by banging my head on the desk while we sort out this contractor crap.

Here's a link to my project page for the details.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the link to Knitting Monster. I can't imagine anything more comforting, in the aftermath of Contractor Crazies, than your mink-y suite. Scrumptious!

Kerry said...

Gorgeous set and you can just feel the softness through the computer! Hope all is looking up with the contractor.