Thursday, May 10, 2012

scant

I have a busy couple of days ahead of me, so my daily posts oughta be interesting! (well, or really boring LOL) Maybe I'll try to queue something up for tomorrow ahead of time...hmmmmm.

Anyhow, Thursdays are not hectic, they are just quite full. I have been taking dad to his radiation treatments every Tue-Thu (he goes with mom Mon-Wed-Fri). After that we run a few errands, then I teach knitting at the senior center in the afternoon, then I teach dance class at night.

And then this week Friday and Saturday are quite full! On Friday my goal is always to make it to the Friday morning knitting group, and then we become "Ladies Who Lunch" afterwards. We'll have to see if that works out for me this week, because this Friday is the day the kitchen cabinets are delivered and the new sub-contractor starts. I might need to be on-site. We'll see.
And for the record, I'm kinda freakin' out.

Whatever I end up doing for the earlier part of Friday, the second half of Friday is shot.


I am volunteering at MyFavoriteKid's high school Friday and Saturday. His music program is hosting a national music festival. It's a first time thing for his school.  This festival is usually hosted by the neighboring high school, but they somehow dropped the ball. Our Band Director has scrambled to pick up the slack and put this whole thing together in 3 weeks!! It's a big deal because apparently the National group that organizes this program is looking for a new host school, and if our school gets it, it could mean a huge chunk of money each year for the music program.

 I'll be there working from 3pm to 10pm on Friday, and then on Saturday my shift is 7am (gah!) to 3pm. I will be the official theater announcer for both days, which is a pretty cush job...and I think I'll be off stage enough that I might be able to get some simple knitting done. I am going to cast on some new socks in a light colored yarn just in case.

Once this whole thing is over at 3pm on Saturday I am supposed to take a dance class with live drummers after that from 4pm to 6pm, but I believe that to be highly unlikely, the more I think about it. I feel bad about it because the class is being hosted by one of the members of my dance troupe, and also because when I went to the last one, I had so much fun!!   But I think I might be so exhausted, and drumwork is quite hard on my leg....I'm worried about injuring myself.  Which is not something I have time for.

And then Sunday. Sunday is Mother's Day, of course... but I DO have a few things to say about Mother's Day this year, so if Friday and Saturday are scant here on the blog, look for something on Sunday.

Have a great weekend y'all!! xoxox!

1 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

I forwarded the video of MFK's drum line to my nephew, who teaches drum line, and he wrote me back saying that it was pretty darn good, and he wanted me to tell you!