Wednesday, October 17, 2012

sometimes i just think it's "the way"

I know I am notorious for complaining...it must just be my nature....but this in not a complaint at all, it is just a recounting of what is going on over here this week!

We have our big concert this Saturday, and for me, the week and a half leading up to any show of ours finds me busier than usual.  There's a tech rehearsal, a dress rehearsal, and solo rehearsals of my own piece(s).  There's usually costumes coming together or being tweaked, and as co-director of the troupe, there is a whole host of production stuffs that I also need to keep track of.  Again, I'm not complaining about any of this.  I signed up! I'm just noting that it's a busier than normal week.

What's happening though, is a few more things I did not sign up for!  Like losing power in the kitchen for 6 days and needing to host an electrician for two visits.  I also did not sign up for a dental issue that is bad enough that I had to go to the dentist today, and he is now referring me for a possible root canal.

I have no time for this, people!!!

Again, not complaining...I swear!  I am actually even laughing a bit over here, because this always just seems to be the way things roll around here!  When it rains, it pours!  None of this surprises me at all anymore, and there is something about knowing this that makes it all the easier to accept.  But it's gettin' kinda a hectic!






2 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

I know exactly what you mean. I started this week with 3 doctor's appointments scheduled for myself & 2 for my daughter. Then I woke up with a spot in my vision that I decided was probably no big deal, but when doc #1 chimed in on it, I had to add 2 more doctor's appointments to the roster.

Fortunately, I get to skip the MRI. Hilarious recounting of the details will appear on the blog soon. I hope.

Karen M said...

Of course it's "the way". Murphy (or more probably, his wife or mother) had it right. You are allowed a whine for a root canal though.