Tuesday, November 27, 2012

the mix

Things today have just been....quite the mix.

I have had to deal with the court a bit about People vs. BigFatNeighborJerkWhoShootsDogs.  There is a preliminary court thing happening this Friday, and apparently I am not on the invite list.  I'm trying to figure out why not when I am the only witness as well as the victim. It's strange.

Poor James, my buddy at the convalescent hospital who is an amputee, just like me (except his is due to diabetes).  He had to go in for surgery today to have a portion of his other foot removed due to infection.  I'm not even sure what to say about that yet.  I'm just working on being supportive for him rather than looking like my mouth is gaping open and dragging on the floor.

We are in for five days of record rainfall here, as well as high wind advisories.  The weather guy says we can expect 5-8 inches in the bay area between Wednesday and Sunday, and the winds tomorrow will be 35-50 mph. I spent most of the day stocking up on everything we need so I can just stay tucked in here all nice and warm with soup and movies and knitting.  And battening down the hatches, as they say. 

I do have a friend coming over tomorrow for a couple of hours, and I am going to teach her to knit :-)

I took MyFavoriteKid out shopping today for a new raincoat, and he started looking at other clothes because he feels like he's finally ready to choose a style.  Almost everything he tried on and liked had fake fur as part of its make up.  I'm totally fine with that.  But also totally surprised by it.

He then announced that he broke up with his girlfriend yesterday and doesn't really want to tell me too much more than that.  Ahhh the joys of parenting.

He then informed me that he totally forgot he has to be at school an hour and a half early tomorrow (and the next day) for a band rehearsal, and could I please go to bed early and get up early and cook him a big breakfast since he will have a long day.  Ahhh the joys of parenting.


So I'm off to tuck myself in. Apparently I have a curfew!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
oh!! PS!!! for "notsupergirl"!!
I cannot figure out how to send you a direct reply for some danged reason, but yes!! Use the photo for anything you'd like ;-)  Thanks for asking!  XO

3 comments:

Lorena said...

Please give James my love. <3

not supergirl said...

Thank you! I just love that moon.

And good luck with all those parenting joys. :)

kimberly said...

Hey, it is remarkable that he is offering info about his love life at all. I can't wait to meet this kid. He just sounds really fantastic. And you are such a good mama. I don't know what to say about the fur, that's weird - but fun! Something you can torment him with when he's 30 HAHAHA. Sorry about your friend James, too. I don't know what to say, but I think you've got the right idea - be supportive. Nothing you can do or say is going to change the fact that he's going to lose it.