Sunday, December 09, 2012

the passing of the baton/spatula


The ending to a lovely Chanukah dinner tonight at mom and dad's.


Just a stab in the dark here, but I'm assuming this might be the last time they host this family holiday gathering.  My gift from my mom this year was my very own Latke Server....



...which I can only take as the biggest hint ever that she is passing the baton to her 45 year old daughter who keeps relying on her mommy to make the latkes, right?? LOLOL

It's true.  Me.  45 years old.  I'm even a trained culinary professional and former chef.  And I've never made potato pancakes for Chanukah nor hosted the dinner for any of the Jewish holidays.  I think I'm overdue.  Next year, my place.


2 comments:

Lorena said...

Do you own a Seder plate? NO REASON FOR ASKING.

Lorena said...

(PS. I know Sedar plates have nothing to do with Hanukkah, it just reminded me to ask you....)