Saturday, January 26, 2013

snaps on saturday

I did take a "clear shot", but this fuzzy one is just so much more interesting to me!


my late Christmas gift, and an early birthday present

When TheMostImportantGuy asked me what I wanted for Christmas last month, I told him that I wanted him to get outfitted in a "modern fit" suit.  I told him that I wanted him to look like James Bond. Well, more specifically like Daniel Craig. 

Now, I don't mean that I want TheMIG to be someone he's not (I like him just as he is, thank you very much), but I mean that I wanted him to look as good in a suit as Daniel Craig does.

 TheMIG is a hot young guy....and he wears business clothes every day for work, and ones that are slightly out of date and a little too big.  Hopefully he won't mind me for saying so, but always sort of looked like he was playing dress up. The clothes were just too big and he wasn't wearing his suits, they were wearing him.  He was worried he wasn't trim enough (?!) for a more tailored suit, so he wore pleated pants and jackets that were a little boxy with wider lapels and standard fit shirts instead of trim-fit ones. I knew (having watched enough Tim Gunn and whatnot), that he would look smokin' hot in a trim suit.  I knew that a narrow lapel and flat front pants would make him look younger and more hip.

So TheMIG bit the bullet and went out trying stuff on and shopping around.  He ended up at this independently owned shop with this awesome old school Italian guy that had him outfitted in no time flat.  The suit was finally tailored this week, and TheMIG texted me the night he picked it up saying he saw himself in the mirror and thought he looked so great he did karate moves.  hahahaha!!

So, like I said, the suit was my Christmas gift....a little belated....and my birthday is on the 4th and we have a dinner date booked for Saturday the 2nd to go out for a birthday dinner all dressed up....but neither of us could wait.  So we went out tonight, too.

I couldn't stop giggling and grinning he looks so good!!
I'm going to have to keep setting up places for us to go where we can get dressed up!

1 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Your MIG looks great. I love it when guys wear suits.

My Honey looks awesome in a suit.

Spencer looks so grown up when he gets dressed up - oh yeah, he IS grown up.

When Spencer was 10, I had him fitted for his first real suit. He put it on and stood in front of the mirror saying "Bond, James Bond" in his best Sean Connery voice.

And OMG Daniel Craig is smokin' hot too. :)