Thursday, May 23, 2013

where's a dumbphone when ya need one

I had to take MyFavoriteKid to the Apple store tonight.  Laptop problems, and that is just not gonna work for him during these last two weeks of schools with finals.

So what do I do while I'm waiting for him to deal with "TheGenius" at the TheGeniusBar? (I love that LOL)  I talk to one of the sales reps about how my phone service has been due for a free upgrade since February, and I've been sitting on it. I've had an iPad for a good long while (1st generation), but my phone is seriously archaic.

Which, of course, has me exiting the Apple store with a new iPhone.
My very first smartphone. 

Except I don't feel that smart yet. I am still figuring stuff out.  I feel dumber than when I am using my dumbphone, actually.
I know it's a curve and I know I'ma learnin'  ;-)


2 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Have fun with your new toy! All my friends and family have them and love them. I, however, gave up after 3 months of not being able to type on the darn thing without constantly correcting myself or the autocorrect or opening something I did not want to open. I'm just not compatible with it. So much happier with my qwerty keyboard. I understood the functioning etc just fine as I am quite techy, but don't like the touchscreen and I find the bells and whistles too distracting and unnecessary for what I actually NEED from a phone. After being on a computer and "connected" all day, I enjoy being "unplugged" from the constant this and that of the internet and/or apps.

Spencer's MAC laptop power cord stopped working during midterms. NOT GOOD. Luckily there is a place on campus where he can get repairs and replacement parts easily.

Have a great Holiday weekend!

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh! Thanks for that! I went from a TracFone to an iphone5. Still don't understand some things but I persevere. Oh, wish me luck!
KnittingKittens