Saturday, October 19, 2013

snaps on saturday

Ahhhh, the first Fall Season Marching Band Competition....


....and look at all those hungry hardworking kids in line for dinner (I think we have 117 total!).

Super long day.  I was up with MyFavoriteKid at 8am helping him get ready and he started practice at 10am. TheMostImportantGuy and I ran errands, got our portion of the group food together, and then we met up with the other band parents around 1pm. I am posting this remotely using my phone from the event site, and after we pack up and drive home, we probably wont get there until about 1am! Ouch!

 MyFK's band was 1 of 7 in their category.  The band and color guard took 5th place overall....but the percussion section???  They took the trophy for "High Percussion" in their category!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(if you are wondering why there are so many exclamation points, it's because MyFK plays snare drum in the percussion ensemble! woohoo!)



I am so proud of them. They battery section meets separately for extra rehearsals, and their extra effort and dedication have really paid off.


Two more big competitions to go....


1 comments:

Kathy said...

Bonnie, I thought this article might interest you. http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/from-the-mind-of-a-dancer-a-new-kind-of-wheelchair/2143164

Enjoy,
Kathy