Wednesday, June 28, 2006

anybody home?

Well, I guess I am home...sort of. Here, but not exactly here, as it were.

Very very long drive from San Diego to the SF Bay Area yesterday. Got home, tucked MyFK into bed (he waited up for me), and then fell into bed myself. I felt a head cold coming on as I was dozing off and I was too tired to get up and make myself an Airborne cocktail (I love that stuff). This morning I woke up feeling a bit more congested. I managed to get MyFK off to day camp, came home and got back in bed until noon...and haven't done a whole lot of anything else today...caught up on reading only two blogs of many, and replied to a few emails. I opened a gift from my Secret Pal, and I'm excited and want to show you all, but I haven't unearthed my camera yet. I think it's still buried in the car. So I'll have to share about that tomorrow (thank you Secret Pal!! Escpecially for the welcome home card, too! That made me happy!). The house is a wreck and I haven't unpacked a thing. I'm tired and feeling stuffed up, and I have rehearsal tonight. Ugh. But we only have two weeks before our SF shows...so it's focus time.
No rest for the weary.

As for being home, it's really great to be back, but it's a little strange. Usually when I go away, I have to integrate myself back into the grind when I return, if you know what I mean. But this time it feels different, because the routine I left behind is not the same as the routine I am returning home to. The shift into MyFK being at day camp, plus his expectations of endless summer-fun, all happened while I was gone. It was a bit odd to come home to a different program than the one I left behind less than two weeks ago. A couple weeks ago it was helping him focus on homework.


Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm alive...but wilted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love the Airborne cocktail. Not that it should surprise me, but it does. That stuff makes me much happier than any other vitamin suppliment that ever walked across my life. Glad you're home safely!

Anonymous said...

Heh -- a wilted dandelion. You'll be all right after a little rest and some nice, moist Bay Area air.