Sunday, June 08, 2008

Dang, I'm tired!! I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, and I had such a busy day today.

I woke up early and trekked into San Francisco for the first meet up of the San Francisco One Sock a Month Knit ALong group (ravelry link). The general gist of the group is that the members nominate and vote on a sock pattern that we will work on together over two months. Just my speed. Additionally, once a month there's a meet up scheduled in the city that also involves a trip to the yarn store together so we can pick up yarn for the project (or other things...you know how that goes!). People don't need to come to the meet ups to participate, but what a blast it was.

I'm so glad I went because I had almost talked myself out if of it the day before. It was pointed out to me that I was coming up with all sorts of excuses (thanks, Bon). It started off with my not being excited about the selected pattern (great pattern, I'm just not feeling the cabled look right now). I started to knit the cuff of the sock, and was having some problems. I could get gauge, but only with a needle that was making too dense of a sock. All the while I'm knitting, I'm letting my head spin about why heck I was joining a KAL just because I'm lonely.

The truth of the matter, is that I am lonely. I haven't been able to make it to a Stitch N Bitch since I moved last summer, and I just really miss hanging out with other knitters. A once a month meeting that has an online forum for staying connected is a perfect fit for my schedule right now.

Anyhow, we all met up at a cafe for an hour or so, and got to chat. It was great to meet some of the people that I'd seen on the bulletin boards. After a bit we all walked down to ImagiKnit to do some yarn shopping for the socks we are working on. It was a real treat to go their store (it's amazing) because I'd never been there before, even though I've shopped from them when they are at Stitches. It was a really good time be shopping in the company of a whole gaggle of other knitters.

As an even more special treat, my friend Carleigh came and met me there. We did a little shopping for some other wee projects (a little bird tells me this girl has baby items in her future--yay!). She just moved a few months ago, so we went back to her place to hang out, knit, visit, watch bellydance videos....such good company.

The drive home from her place was fantastic. I took the scenic route, and it was a stunning day and totally worth it. I cruised my old neighborhood from way back down near the beach. I haven't been through that area in awhile. Ocean Beach, Sutro Park and Baths, through the Presidio, over the Golden Gate. A lovely view of Mount Tamalpais. It was really lovely.

I sadly had to be back here at the home 'hood by 5pm for an emergency board meeting of the home association. That was not the fun way to cap off my day, but since I've been home I've been doing my best to erase it from my memory.


So that was my day. And now I am very tired, and wouldn't even be here if it weren't for Blog365. I can't believe I have made it this far. Getting close to half way done.
There's all sorts of editing and linking I should do to make this post complete, but I'm too pooped. Sorry if it is a mess. G'night.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Gee, I'm sorry that you're lonely. That's too bad, and you're so social, too. It seems like joining a KAL was really a good thing, and it sounds like fun =) If you get really bored, you can come to Michigan and show me what I'm doing wrong with my garden!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Carrie ~ dude, I have not a clue about gardening. I'm just cruising on the good soil, a whole lot of sun, and water. And it's just sort of doing it all by itself LOL.