Saturday, June 07, 2008

snaps on saturday

Per John's request, a couple of shots of the garden. Not very good shots, though. Sorry. I took these first thing this morning before I was fully awake. By the time I remembered to take some more, it was night time.


This is one raised bed loaded with dark leafy greens that have just gone crazy in the last week. I have so much kale, chard, and mustard greens...I'm in heaven.


Here's a glance down the row into some of the other boxes. Corn is coming up, I saw some baby squash, some eggplants are beginning to form, the tomato plants are looking great (no fruit yet). I even have a few little strawberries here and there. I think the birds might be getting at them. I keep hearing loads of screeching outside, but I think they are fighting over the cherries.

I let the basil bolt (oops) but I'm working on it.
I love being able to pick my own parsley whenever I want it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MyFavoriteKid is off with his dad this weekend, and TheMostImportantGuy is off being a sound engineer for a band at a wedding. My parents came over for a bit today and we watched the horse races at Belmont.

I had the rest of the day to myself to knit, but I'm really cranky about everything I have on the needles right now. There is something wrong with each of them....too heavy/too hot to knit, too boring, don't like the pattern, don't like the yarn, etc etc. I spent all day picking things up and putting things back down again and getting very little accomplished. Just the cuff of a sock, and I got the cardigan off the needles and onto waste yarn so I could check the fit again.

I really need to find me a comfort knit.

2 comments:

JohnK said...

Thanks for that.
It reminds me of the year my CSA had greens and greens and more greens. I managed to freeze tons and was very happy about that in the winter.

I think I even made greens of some sort for the xmas eve shindig.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

john ~ we need to talk. I don't know how to best freeze these! (blanch first?)