Monday, September 15, 2008

what it is, what it is not.

So, early this morning, I took out my camera and shot a photo of this yarn:



...not for the blog, but so I could put it in my "stash" on my ravelry page.

Right after doing that, I drove into SF for a morning appointment, and I saw about a kajillion cool things to take photos of for the blog. Then I realized I had left my camera on the bathroom counter (see, I took the yarn photos on top of the toilet seat because that is where the best light is that time of day...aren't you glad you asked).

What SHOULD have been here as photos today:

* a photo of the 100 or so Hells Angels members that pulled up alongside me on the freeway going into SF. They were going to a funeral. I waved at them. They revv'd back.

* the approach into the Castro District, with the largest Pride Flag ever.

* a greeting card shop on Market (also in the Castro) with a sign in the window advertising wedding cards for same sex couples

* a huge Andre the Giant poster stuck on a billboard peeking out from behind a tree.


As luck would have it, it's a repeating appointment, and I have to return next Monday, too. I will try to remember the camera next week.

Oh, and that yarn? It's going to be this shawl when it grows up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an aside, I have been HORRID about replying to comments. I would like to thank you all for the great info about lice. You guys rock. Very helpful.

It is kinda funny to me how many of you comment when it is about bugs, though. The last time I had a big turn out in the comments about bugs, I was writing about fruit flies. Maybe next we'll cover spiders or ants or something ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also....
The bloglines has been reduced by about 700 posts. Many read. Some dumped.

I am on the path.

4 comments:

~Donna~ said...

I LOVE Anne Hanson's patterns. I bought a hat and mitt set a while back. I've made the mitts, need to make the hat. :)

Looking forward to some photos...you deserve a break. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm also looking forward to photos. Lovely yarn in the pic today.

The Bon said...

Oh boy. I know all about ants. The tiny black kind are super prevalent here. ;)

Also, I love obey giant. shepard fairey is one of my all time favorite artists. D bought me a signed copy of his book of his first 17 years of work for my birthday.

jodi said...

Ooh, can we have cockroaches next? Pretty please?