Monday, December 01, 2008

today

The last 24 hours or so have been exhausting.

It started with MyFavoriteKid coming home last night from his long holiday weekend away with his dad and that side of his family. Let me tell you--- re-entry was a bitch. Not for me. I actually missed him terribly (our first Thanksgiving apart). But for him. He was having to leave the party parent and come home to the one that makes him wash his face and do his homework. It was not fun. And it carried over into this morning.

Once I got MyFK off to school this morning, I loaded up both kittens for an early morning trip to the vet. See, Gaara, the older one, is ready to be snipped. Darcy, who is 6 weeks younger, was due for a booster shot in his series. So I went in with both cats this morning, but only came back with one. This, of course, is freaking the dog out, who is sulking. Darcy on the other hand is being far friendlier than usual, I think because he's worried I'm going to give him away, too.

After the vet, I brought Mr.Darcy home and then headed over to TheScarDoc's for another glorious day of having my scar tissue cracked into smaller shreds. Lovely.

And my afternoon/evening was spent with MyFK, working on a little relationship rebuilding. It went well, actually. We had a really nice talk, and I think we're on the right path. Even if he isn't, I think at least I am. I did some thinking today on the drive to/from the city, and I could probably write an essay about the whole thought process, but it really boils down to this:

I am cultivating patience.

Not quite sure how I am going to pull that off yet, but that is the direction of my focus right now.

Here's a couple of photos, 'cuz I feel like it.


Gaara & Mr.Darcy, bird watching, taken the 29th

Mr.Darcy, taken tonight, presumably missing Gaara and drowning his sorrows,
as usual ~ I swear, he nips when I'm not looking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, early this morning I flipped my calendar to December. Usually the thought crossing my mind would be, "Where did this year go??!?!?"...but instead, my first thought was, "Only one month to go."

I cannot believe I have made it this far with Blog365.

4 comments:

Mouse said...

Awww its nice to see both kitties hanging out together! I think I'm really going to miss your daily posts once Blog 365 is over.

Anonymous said...

I'm really going to miss your daily posts! I'm sure the 365 thing has been a bit of a PITA for you at times, but it has been fun for me--and very helpy and touching and encouraging, too. You've granted a boon, and I thank you. Lori--who can never remember her Google info.

Anonymous said...

I too am going to miss the daily AmpuTeeHee post. Good work on your mission to develop patience. It really makes all things better!!!

Good luck! :)

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Wow, Mr Darcy is a lush? HEH