Sunday, July 19, 2009

best i can do after a few glasses o' wine and a plate o'carnitas

Went to an impromptu dinner party tonight (and only 'cuz I got an invite via FaceBook, no less---hahahah).

Folks, if you've asked me to track you down there, please give me a day or two. I haven't quite figured out how to use the damn thing yet (I'm a dork). I get emails about walls and comments and things, and I don't even know what the heck y'all are talking about. I promise. I'll put some time in with it this week and get it all figured out.

Anyhow. Dinner party.

Okay. So this invite came from MyFavoriteKid's former elementary school principal. We've stayed friends over the years, and tonight she invited us over because MyFK's best buddies are down for a visit from up north (the kids are now all back here at my house...because I volunteered -- see how it happens?!).

I wanted to share with y'all a conversation I overheard at the party during the wine/cocktail hour before dinner. This was between ThePrincipal and TheYoungestVisitingKid (he's 9).

TheYoungestVisitingKid: So nowwwwww can we play on your Wii???

ThePrincipal: No. Go outside or something.

TYVK: We already did that.

TP: Well, find something else to do. Play a game together. The adults are listening to music right now.

TYVK: I know! We can play with the sound off!

TP: No. The system wont let you listen to the stereo and have the Wii on at the same time. (might be bullshit LOL)

TYVK: But don't you have an Ipod or something?

TP: We are listenting to music, and you are not playing the Wii. How about you guys play chess.

TYVK: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY!!!! (calling to the other two kids) You guys wanna play chess?!?!?!?!!!!!

TheTwoOtherKids: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Gayle Grace, Professional Organizer said...

I just joined myself and am having the same problem... is there a Facebook for Dummies?

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Gayle ~ Good to see you!! *mwah!* yah, if you find it, will you grab me a copy? LOL I will look for you there.