Tuesday, November 10, 2009

...as snow

Alrighty. I finally slapped on some lip gloss in the light of day, and took some photos of the big white yarn-y thing.

If you recall, it started off like this:

That's a really big coffee mug, and that makes it really big yarn.

Jodie asked if it was pencil roving, and it's not billed as such, but I'd say it's pretty darned close. It's actually Cascade Magnum, which is big, fat, Dr.Seuss-ish, 100% wool, low twist single.

Here's what I did with it:

"...as snow"

Yarn: about 3/4 of a skein of Cascade Magnum in 10-Ecru
Needles: US 17
Start: Nov 7
Finish: Nov 9
(really though, I cast-on very late on the 7th and finished knitting on the 8th, but I didn't sew the buttons on 'til the next day--it really was quickie 1 day project)


I love this thing. It is squishy and warm and wonderful. It keeps my neck and chest toasty, but it's also wide enough that it cover that part of the upper back that my t-shirt neckline never manages to cover.
And it makes me feel fancy ;-)
And it also allowed me to finally make use of a few vintage lucite buttons that have been languishing in my stash waiting for just the perfect project.




I see more stuff like this on my horizon. I have been totally inspired by some fashion magazines, and I'm on a mission. I mean, I'm still knitting some socks and lace at the moment, but what I really want to be wearing right now is big fat chunky knits in neutral colors....so I must knit it! Let's see how many pieces I can crank out before I get sick of the look! ;-)

Shouldn't be too hard to bang out a few, though.
Yarn this big knits up FAST!

4 comments:

The Bon said...

I wish I ran cooler because things like this appeal to me on a "start then blink and it is finished" level, but I could never wear it for the overheating. It is super super cute on you and I love the buttons. Also, you look so nice in white/ecru, and for that I am envious.

Mouse said...

Pretty! With the lucite buttons it looks like something straight out of Anthropologie catalog..

jodi said...

Beautiful. I can't believe you need that thing in California, but that's just the sheltered northern girl in me, I'm sure. Of course you can wear it every day when you come up here for a visit.

And yes, I was thinking of Anthropologie as well.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

TheBon ~ well, I love the quick finish, but I am super diggin' the wearing of the chunky. Hope I dont start having hot flashes though LOL Thanks about the buttons, I love them too!

Mouse ~ ooo it kinda does, huh?!

Jodi ~ super cold in the mornings here!! And, is that an invitation?!