Friday, January 08, 2010

anything

Before leaving on this trip, I fretted quite a bit about how I might not get to do everything I wanted to do with MyFavoriteKid, due to the state of my gimp-ness. I really wanted to be able to show him the rugged parts of Hawaii, and usually I don't worry about any of that, I just go for it -- but I also usually have an adult or two around to lend a hand if I get stuck. Not that I ever neeeeed help (hint: stubborn!), but I am more likely to jump in and try things if I know I have an out.



Turns out that I have pulled off some pretty interesting one-legged feats this trip. There's me hiking a lava encrusted coastline. I was also brave and did what I feared doing the last I was on the Island, which was hiking through a lava tube (ie dark & slippery). I've also managed to climb up a set of portable stairs into a helicopter cockpit without getting my head lobbed off. And I've managed to ascend and descend what was accurately described as "the near vertical staircase" of a submarine, which the staff didn't even think I could pull off.

Now all of this is cool and great because I am surprising even myself with what I can pull off and I loooove impressing and amazing myself and all...but I have to tell y'all that every time I think that I am so great?

It actually pops into my head in the version of a show-tune.



anything you can do, I can do better...I can do anything better than you! no you can't! yes I can!

Heh.
My head is so silly sometimes.

ps... and I can also knit a sweater and make a pie ;-)

5 comments:

Lorena said...

I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Wheelchair Dancer said...

more/all power to you!

WCD

Carol said...

Did you know you are nominated for a Bobby on Ravelry? For your profile pic?

Well-deserved, too, I might add....

Glad you're having a good time!

Janice in GA said...

This pictures says it better than I could:

http://who-is-awesome.com/who-is-awesome.jpg

:)

~Donna~ said...

Yay for you! Glad you guys are having such a cool time.