Friday, April 30, 2010

soup and salad for dinner

Mmmm asparagus. Steam it, grill it, turn it into soup....I love it. Until tonight, I had never had made a dish with it raw though.


I saw some version of this flipping through a magazine somewhere, and just had to try it. It was delicious and refreshing. The asparagus was organic. I used fatter stalks than I normally get, and shaved them very thinly with a vegetable peeler. I drizzled it with a lemon from the garden, some organic extra-virgin olive oil, and a little coarse sea salt...tossed and let is sit for a few to wilt...and then topped it off with some shaved parmesano reggiano.

Hate to sound like a food snob, but if you are only going to use a few ingredients, they should be the best you can get your mitts on.

Served it up with some soup, and some country bread with a dipping oil.
I will definitely make this again. Yumm.

7 comments:

~Donna~ said...

omg that looks GOOD.

The Bon said...

I was wondering how it turned out. We ended up having roasted asparagus with our whore's pasta. ;)

Gayle Grace, Professional Organizer said...

...my next snack! I love stuff like this at night while watching TV...

Kerry said...

We had salad for dinner tonight but it didn't look nearly as delicious as yours! I'm going to have to try this one soon. I love asparagus.

JennaKate said...

Yum! I like how you kept it so simple, to let the flavor shine. I made asparagus stir-fry for supper, it was tasty too!

Lorena said...

I want to lick my monitor, that looks so delicious!

Hannah said...

Wow. What a simple, perfect meal!