Friday, July 16, 2010

things i did today

* Early morning appointment with the radiology department (doing a little more research on those headaches I've been having).

* Shopping to restock the house with real food as it was void of anything fresh due to being gone for two weeks.

* Laundry, laundry, and more laundry. Whee.

* Whipped out the electric spinner (finally!) and spent some time with this:


* And then this:


* Went to "Friday Nights At The Plaza," where MyFavoritedKid and a few of his classmates got to play some of the mixes they worked on in their after-school electronic music programming class.

* Had a chat with a neighbor and found out that one of my favorite residents here in my 'hood was diagnosed with CancerOfEverything while we were out of town. He is now back home, but with hospice in tow. They are predicting he has a month or two. I'm not even sure what to say about it at this point. My mouth is still hanging open.

* Came home after that news and finished spinning up that second pile of fluff (it's a bulky thick-n-thin, so it was easy peasy), and am now going back to the first pile which I took a break from because it's more of a lace/fingering weight sort of thing....and I was finding myself in need of instant gratification after the CancerNews. It was too dark tonight by the time I finished to take photos, but I will do that tomorrow.


All I have left to say is:
*sigh*

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, things can change in the blink of an eye, no? Makes you rethink everything.