Thursday, July 15, 2010

re-entry is such a bitch.

I've been unpacking, crankin' out laundry, cooking, and doing housework since I got out of bed. I have to leave super early for dance class tonight because I have to teach a private lesson before the regular class (so departing I am departing from home at 4pm and not coming back until just before midnight). I have a doctor's appointment super early tomorrow morning.
Whee.
Couldn't I have just eased in slowly??
Apparently not. *sigh*

Well, I guess technically I did have a day of transition between the retreat and home. That was night spent in Eugene.


L to R: ViolinJodie, me, TheBon

I'm telling ya'. I dig these people so much and find their little spot on the planet so lovely, I may just have to retire there.

Jodie and her hubby had us all over for grilled pizzas.


That's me taking a picture of Anthony grilling the pizzas. I think TheBon took a photo of me taking a picture of Anthony taking a picture. If it turns up I will point you to it.

TheBon had done up some of the pizza toppings, and she also did some homemade icecream.


This was exciting not only because it was delicious, but because it was peach ice cream made from peaches from the tree in my yard! Before we left on this trip, MyFavoriteKid had picked a big bag for her and he gave them to on our stop in Eugene at the beginning of the trip. He knows she likes to cook and can. It was very cool to taste the end result on the way back home.



Welp, I'm off to class.
And I'm already exhausted.
And it's like I have the emotional version of road rash.

0 comments: