Thursday, September 30, 2010

distribution

Because I continue to feel so overwhelmed, I have been taking a long hard look at my commitments and activities, and I think it's a distribution problem.

I had (what I thought was) a great idea, and that was to consolidate errands and appoitnements by location. I was trying to drive less, for all the obvious reasons. I also had this second great idea to consolidate things in such a way that it would leave me with a free day each week to do something nice for myself, do nothing at all, or play catch up.

What I see *now* however is that Tuesdays and Thursdays are friggin' insane...from the moment the alarm rings until the moment I go to sleep. And while I do have tasks on the other days, they are so few that I end up with spare time but then am too exhausted to enjoy it, thanks to the busy days.

I'm not sure if I can redistribute. I'm not even sure I want to. I *like* not wasting gas and bridge toll and time and putting wear and tear on the car. And I *like* ending up with an open pocket of time each week (I'd just prefer not to waste it on recovering from the busy day preceding it is all). But I do wonder if it would work out for me to spread things around a bit more.

-----
Sent (with love) from my iPad

0 comments: