Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Bay Area is going nuts over the Giants winning the World Series. It's fun. I managed to find a copy of the SF Chronicle, which was no easy feat. Took me eleven stops. I did six of those before 10am, and every place was wiped out.

The national news coverage was trying to celebrate with us. I mean, Harry on the Early Show even showed his spirit by wearing an orange and black tie.



That was cool.

But then they blew it and labeled us "Frisco".


(hint: BAD. Don't do that.)

From the Urban Dictionary:
improper way to abbreviate San Francisco and a sure way to let someone know you aren't from there or spent any real time there


2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey, I'm glad Jerry Brown and Barbara Boxer won too!

bibliogrrl said...

hahaha. It's like here - we KNOW someone isn't from here when they call it Chi-Town. (or call us Chicago-ites). :D

I was so stoked about the Giants!! FEAR THE BEARRRDDD!