Thursday, February 03, 2011

lets' just get this out of the way, shall we?

I may as well get the blogpost for the day over and done with, because it's only 8am and I already want to die of exhaustion.
Why, you ask??

Because I've been up all night at the TheAmazingPewkoli's Technicolor Barfing Show!!

*sigh*

MyFK really hates throwing up and having tummy problems. This might be the perfect parenting opportunity to point out to him that this is what a hangover would feel like. The grand deterrent, yah?

So since I am sitting here right now, at the computer, emailing all of MyFavoriteKid's teachers to let them know he won't be coming in today, I may as well just keep typing.

Gah, and I have so much to do today! On top of all the regular stuff, I have to pack for going away for the weekend, and that includes packing up MyFK and each of the animals to get to their respective caretakers.

Ohhhh, I and had such great plans for my evening last night. TheMostImportantGuy comes up on Wednesdays nights, so I had dolled myself up all cute-like in hopes of a little romance schmo-mance (because I figured for sure that would get my mood back on track....right?? Even better than sunshine and fresh air!! Woohoo!). In the end I was afraid to get the ball rolling for fear of being called back to the sick room, and ohhh how right I was about that one. I was in there every 15 minutes at one point.

Oh, MyPoorFK. Yesterday was a minimum day at school, and we had a mad dash between school and a private clarinet lesson. He was hungry, so I drove through Jack-N-The-Box on the way. He ordered the grilled chicken strips, and he said they looked a little funny and felt a little rubbery, but he ate them anyhow. That was at 1:30pm, and by 6:30pm he was sick. We're almost positive that's what it was. The poor thing. I feel so bad for him :-(

And poor me this this morning! TheMostImportantGuy was making his own coffee and getting ready to go to work while I was getting rid of barf bags and hosing down the kitchen, and as I was standing there scrubbing, this song pops into my head (I am so wierd):




We should be like a couple of hot tomatoes....
But you're as cold as yesterday's mashed potatoes.....

hahahahahahahahaha

I am such an odd duck that after that song popped into my head I was actually able to go over to the music rack, produce the tune on a CD, and pop it into the CD player for him.
At least it had both of us cracking up a bit.


Okay. I'm going to make coffee now, and do as much as I can get done before I crap out.
I'm so glad I am going away this weekend to a hotel.
Calgon, take me away.

2 comments:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

this was posted by Donna, and I somehow (perhaps because I got 20 minutes of sleep last night??) hit delete instead of publish:

Oh no! Poor MyFK. Spence and I hope he feels better.

I for one won't hold it against you if you let Calgon take you far far away and skip a few posts.

Relaxing is more important. :)

Kathy said...

Jeez, that sucks! Feel better soon!